The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Mugen products.
By karl
Evo gets bummed in the mouth by Renault, it's slightly cringeworthy reading them justify placing yet another Clio ahead of M6's & Lambos etc, the R265 bumming this month and last look set to continue the trend
kingofdbrits wrote:Just to reinforce my original opinion that the Meg 265's time was horse sh-t, it's been on the same track again this month in near identical conditions and couldn't get close it's best time, probably because it only had to go against the BRZ, but this time it's produced a realistic time that is 0.2 secs quicker than a Cupra R, still the quickest hot hatch but at least it's in the right company and not producing times similar to 1M Coupe or F10 M5's.

Still, it does show what a little modding can do to a FWD hatch.
What was the time on this one?
EvoStu wrote:
kingofdbrits wrote:Just to reinforce my original opinion that the Meg 265's time was horse sh-t, it's been on the same track again this month in near identical conditions and couldn't get close it's best time, probably because it only had to go against the BRZ, but this time it's produced a realistic time that is 0.2 secs quicker than a Cupra R, still the quickest hot hatch but at least it's in the right company and not producing times similar to 1M Coupe or F10 M5's.

Still, it does show what a little modding can do to a FWD hatch.
What was the time on this one?
1.28.5. So still a good 1.4 secs quicker than a Meg 250.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]