The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Mugen products.
By MUGEN POWER
Just to let you know what the deal is with our new CR-Z with (what we call) iCF.
The initial batch of upgrades will only be available at the 8 Honda UK dealers who are also Mugen retailer, who are:

Avonvale Honda, Northampton
Bristol Honda, Bristol
Donnelly & Taggart, County Antrim
Ewens of Cornhill, Banff
Hendy Performance, Southampton
Phoenix Honda, Paisley
Springfield Honda, Newcastle Upon Tyne
Two Mills Honda, South Wirral

A few of them (currently Ewens, Phoenix, Springfield) will have pre-production demonstrators in December. Orders can be taken at any time for delivery in March on a first come first served basis.

The iCF will only be available as an option with new car sales (sorry no post-fit kits at this time) and the price, including installation at Mugen Euro, will be £4985 + VAT.
This includes the compressor, intercooler, airbox and Mugen front grille. To get a final price simply choose your model of CR-Z, add any other options you want (plus of course the iCF).
Hopefully that answers the bulk of the questions and clears up a bit of speculation.
By EvoStu
That clears up the price confusion. Nice one Colin. Hope you're well? :bigthumb:
By smartie
So is there a difference between this CR-Z iCF and the CR-Z Mugen on the press release. Are they two different cars? Is the Mugen one actually for sale?

Do you even get those wheels for that 6 GRAND? No handling upgrades?

Confusing....
By EvoStu
smartie wrote:So is there a difference between this CR-Z iCF and the CR-Z Mugen on the press release. Are they two different cars? Is the Mugen one actually for sale?

Do you even get those wheels for that 6 GRAND? No handling upgrades?

Confusing....
The CR-Z Mugen is the CR-Z iCF (thats what Mugen calls it). The basic price quoted above gets you the engine components, airbox and grille (required for the box iirc).

Remember a charger (without fitting) on the Civic is nearly £3.5K and with that you get the charger and thats it. So for a fitted price including all the parts listed, its pretty good value, especially as its a warranted upgrade as well.

Handling upgrades are seperate as you can imagine.
By smartie
So its going to be well above 30 grand to get the "Mugen" car everyone mentioned "would sell well". Not looking so good any more.
By EvoStu
smartie wrote:So its going to be well above 30 grand to get the "Mugen" car everyone mentioned "would sell well". Not looking so good any more.
To be fair having driven both, the standard is the perfect compromise. It doesn't really need the uprated suspension and bigger brakes for standard road use. Ever driven a standard CR-Z smartie? It's actually pretty damned good through the twisties.
By smartie
Not driven one, not really practical for a family. Just curious as to the actual spec/price and clarifying the iCF/Mugen thing. :smile:
By EvoStu
smartie wrote:Not driven one, not really practical for a family. Just curious as to the actual spec/price and clarifying the iCF/Mugen thing. :smile:
If I didn't need 4 proper seats I'd happily own a CR-Z.
By Superbully
EvoStu wrote:
smartie wrote:Not driven one, not really practical for a family. Just curious as to the actual spec/price and clarifying the iCF/Mugen thing. :smile:
If I didn't need 4 proper seats I'd happily own a CR-Z.
Me too, enjoyed my time in one immensely. Just far too small, i need to lug tools and freezers about a bit :lol:
By MUGEN POWER
I am extremely fortunate in that I get to drive all the cars we work on, and while I (really) enjoy the Civics for a blast home every now and then, if I was to choose which one I would want to use for the whole week it would be the CR-Z (our test car which is on standard suspension and seats etc).
Of course this might be because I am too old with too many slipped discs to appreciate the full-on CTR experience 7 days a week (bearing in mind that my daily drive is either an Accord or CR-V!), but I do like the CR-Z.
By Genga
When do they appear in the showrooms? I'll do the usual and go perve at Phoenix Paisley :bigthumb:
By MUGEN POWER
Genga wrote:When do they appear in the showrooms? I'll do the usual and go perve at Phoenix Paisley :bigthumb:
We'll be converting the Phoenix car in a couple of weeks. I imagine they'll advertise when they have it ready.
By J
J wrote:None in London then :sad:
I will rephrase it then. Where is the nearest place to London to play with one?
By MUGEN POWER
J wrote:
J wrote:None in London then :sad:
I will rephrase it then. Where is the nearest place to London to play with one?
Sorry, I thought it was a statement rather than a question.
As per the original post, initially demonstrators will be available at Cornhill, Glasgow, Newcastle, so I would guess Newcastle is the answer.
I don't know at this time whether there will be another one based any more Southerly than that.
By Genga
MUGEN POWER wrote:
Genga wrote:When do they appear in the showrooms? I'll do the usual and go perve at Phoenix Paisley :bigthumb:
We'll be converting the Phoenix car in a couple of weeks. I imagine they'll advertise when they have it ready.
Not to me they won't :lol: Can I rely on you? :smile:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]