The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Mugen products.
By Nuke_FN2
Hi guys,

looking to get the mugen wing but in total it ends up like £1400 with shipping...... personally i think its a bit tooo much....

Anyone had any replicas installed?? and if so from where?

thanks
By civic2fast4u
you would either have to be stupid ot rich to pay that sort of money, you can get copies off ebay, ive heard mixed reviews. i bought a mugen copy grill though from a seller on ebay and it turned out perfect. bit hit and miss i think mate but better than blowing £1400!!
By ben-111
To some that replica up, as I was seriously considering it before I ended up buying a real one

If you want it looking as good a job as possible then it end up being not much cheaper than buying a real one and it's ALOT of hassle

There's is a guy in the thread who bought one, after buying it, having import taxes etc, then the bodyshop had to spend alot of time even making it ready to paint it was that bad

Also it warps

So it's up to you, I didn't want to take the risk and have all the hassle so I just forked out
By Genga
Don't get me wrong, I would prefer to buy the real thing! But it seems you get lucky or you don't with the fakes, I guess it's the same regardless with anything.

Although, a 10 day holiday away for 2, or a rear wing?
By Arran
Genga wrote:
Although, a 10 day holiday away for 2, or a rear wing?
A rear wing [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By BGB83
Liam Type-R wrote:1400 quid on a spoiler? Dont think it looks that great either, IMO that is.
WAY too much for any car part TBH, unless towards a charger or turbo setup :lol:
By mjhamilton
That sort of money is reserved for the rich or kids still living with their parent passed the official expiry date :)

Have to say from what I have seen the replica is a bit hit and miss
By Liam Type-R
[smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
BGB83 wrote:
Liam Type-R wrote:1400 quid on a spoiler? Dont think it looks that great either, IMO that is.
WAY too much for any car part TBH, unless towards a charger or turbo setup :lol:
By Genga
But does that include the lacquer and paintjob?

A question re: buying a copy (which I wouldn't do, hence me not having one), If you 'were' to get one, and take it to Honda and say "Paint that and fix that to my car" would they do it?

I can't imagine Honda painting a replica in NHB (with the lovely blue sparkles) and agreeing to stick it on the back of my car! (Unless they used 'No More Nails' or something?)
By mjhamilton
Just take it to any good spray shop.... Dealer ftl
By GaryMan
I use my local honda dealer for 90% of the stuff done on my car and they dont have a problem.

They may be more expensive than other body shop but at least I know that the paint match and fitting will be spot on and should I have any problems, I can just pop down to see them and they sort it out for me without much bother.

My car beforehand

My car now

By BGB83
Looks spot on that bud [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Genga
The only difference between Jazz owners getting a bodykit and Corsa owners getting a bodykit, is that they all assume you got it on the cheap, and despite the Honda looking amazing (especially if the driver can afford the Mugen bodykit!), folk will always assume the car has been badly cloned by Ripspeed or something...

Only proper fans will notice the goodness!

(And I think your Jazz looks amazing!!)

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]