The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Found any good Honda or CTR clips, then post a link
Forum rules: You can now embed YouTube videos directly in your post.

Just place your YouTube link in post and submit. NO need for BBcode anymore :-)
Just thought I'd stick up my onboard footage from this weekend's trip to the Ring, where I managed to sneak a decent lap in first thing on Saturday morning with very little traffic. Spec of the car as follows:

- R8BYB pipe
- Spoon N1
- Hondata airbox mod
- Poly engine/gearbox mount inserts
- Eibach ABP springs
- Eibach camber bolts
- Geometry done by Area Motorsport
- JDM RARB
- Nankang NS2-R tyres all round (running 25psi F, 28psi R)
- Ferodo DS3000 pads up front, regular Ferodo pads on rear. Pagid blank discs all round
- HEL braided lines with ATE Superblue fluid.
- Stripped out in the rear - weight of roughly 1270kg with myself driving and half a tank of fuel at the time this clip was taken.

Enjoy!

Good to meet you mate! Lap looks decent! I managed an 8.45 Sunday morning before the rain came with just a little traffic. My sub 8 min lap according to the iPhone was wrong obviously :lol: I'll get my video up soon. Also got some near miss footage after a Clio got it wrong and made a mess on the track.
Yes pal was good to meet you and your friend too! How did he get on in that Clio?
I managed a 9:04 on Sunday morning with my mate in the car and a lot of traffic. It got very wet very quick though didn't it!! How many did you do in total in the end? I managed 8 of the 9 I had bought.

After this lap in the video my brakes fully flip it; I'm suffering with pad deposits on the discs AGAIN. Annoyingly they've cleared up on the way home, same as they did last year.
I done 13 laps! Yea he had a good laugh in the Clio. He got excited afterwards and bought some more laps so he done 9 laps in total.
My brakes sound fooked currently. I think the wheel alignment is out as I got a bit carried away smashing over the kerbs and the steering wheel is on the piss slightly. All good fun though!
Kinky_boy - I have no experience of other semi slicks other than Yoko A048 but even then that was driving someone elses car for about 15mins on the road so can't pass a decent opinion against NS2-R's really. As a road tyre they're great wet or dry but extremely noisy during every day driving. On a track with the pressures dropped they're absolutely mega, especially for the dirt cheap price I paid for them (£370 for all four in 215/45/17)

Lewis - Aha fair play!! I clattered the kerb big style at about 120mph on that fast back section just before the second Karussell near the end of the lap. Tipped in too early and hit the right hand kerb which then chucked me off line onto the left hand one and had a right little pant filler!! Lad with me in the Evo IX also had a big Flymo moment at Adenaur Forst and did the typical "Playstation line" straight over it haha! Those kerbs are fcuking massive man, they're little hitting a bollard when you clatter them!
Yea some of the kerbs were bouncing me off line a little. But I couldn't resist going over some of them just so for that moment I can pretend I'm in a touring car. I had a bike in front of me go straight over the grass at Adenauer Forst. Annoyingly I didn't have the camera rolling so missed it. Next time I need some track focused tyres. The Bridgestone's held up but I was doing 2 laps at a time and half way round the second lap I could feel the tyres dropping off. Also I didn't drop my tyres pressures which probably didn't help matters. Seriously thinking about selling and getting an E46 M3.
*nub* wrote:What kinda time would a 250bhp ep3 be able to achieve with semi slicks and FRSU?
Times can be more luck than driver skill/car because every lap is different with traffic. Anything sub 9 mins is pretty quick going for a civic.
How about go over there and see for yourself ;)
*nub* wrote:What kinda time would a 250bhp ep3 be able to achieve with semi slicks and FRSU?
There's a foreign one on YouTube doing an 8:15 but he has such a clear lap it's ridiculous. No yellows and no traffic you should comfortably see sub-9mins... Driver skill is involved a little! And a lot of bottle on some of the faster sections where you have to keep the faith and leave it pinned despite your brain saying otherwise!
Turkish91 wrote:
There's a foreign one on YouTube doing an 8:15 but he has such a clear lap it's ridiculous. No yellows and no traffic you should comfortably see sub-9mins... Driver skill is involved a little! And a lot of bottle on some of the faster sections where you have to keep the faith and leave it pinned despite your brain saying otherwise!
yeah, that guy knows the circuit very well and the true limits of his car. good vid to watch the lines too. 230hp for the 8:15 i think. think on his web site he says he has done a 7min 57.6. when running 257hp, not sure if thats a shorter version or not..??

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]