The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The place for all those routine questions about routine servicing.
By snny99
Hello guys, I have just got my self a 2005 final edition ep3 type r and would like some advice please, what would be the best oil to use for servicing and spark plugs?

Also what would be the best lowering springs?

Thanks

Sunny
By wHAmEz
ABP Eibach Sportline 30mm, with front camber bolts and rear camber arms with a fast road geometry. Might as well put the JDM rear anti roll bar on as well. Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 5W-40 oil seems to be the go to.
By w6ady
For oil you want a fully synthetic ester based oil. Most people use 5w40 as its a good oil for all year round use. I would say oils to look at would be either Fuchs pro s or millers nanodrive 5w40. As for spark plugs just buy some NGK laser iridiums same as what Honda would sell you but half the price. With lowering springs what sort of drop are you looking for? Really it's personal preference with how low you want to go. Eibach springs are good quality and they make a few different kits for different heights. Make sure you buy camber bolts for the front and camber arms for the rear. This will enable you to set the geometry properly and actually gain some extra grip and good tyre wear not just looks. Hope this is of some help pal.
By ABP MOTORSPORT
snny99 wrote:Hello guys, I have just got my self a 2005 final edition ep3 type r and would like some advice please, what would be the best oil to use for servicing and spark plugs?

Also what would be the best lowering springs?

Thanks

Sunny
Hi Sunny,

We would recommend 5w/40 grade Fully Synthetic engine oil. We use Shell Helix Ultra if it helps?

For the Spark Plugs I would use NGK or Genuine Honda. We stock NGK.

Springs, go for Eibach. We stock Eibach 15mm lowering or our ABP / Eibach -30mm progressively wound springs. 5 year Warranty!

Eibach 15mm Springs £164 inc vat
or
ABP / Eibach 30mm Springs £125 inc vat (on our Christmas offer - normally £150)

Hope this helps?

Dave.

Added in 4 minutes 19 seconds:
I forgot to mention that we also have the Eibach camber adjusters on our Christmas offers too:

Eibach front Camber Bolts £20 inc vat (normally £25)
and
Eibach Rear Camber Arms £115 inc vat (normally £135)

Dave.
By ABP MOTORSPORT
snny99 wrote:hello dave, yes i did and all the parts are fitted. amazing is all i can say.

thanks
Thank you!!

Speak to you again soon!

Dave.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]