The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The place for all those routine questions about routine servicing.
By cjohnson
Evening all.

I bought an ep3 last Wednesday and over the last few days it's started to show some issues that I need looking at!

I think the timing chain needs replacing as there is a loud rattle for a split second on cold start up, and eml came on last night, read the code today it was p0341 cam shaft position sensor, which I believe can also be to do with a sslack/worn chain.

I also want a general health check carrying out including valve clearances.

I was thinking the tdi route but there's a company advertising on ebay for timing chain replacement at £350 drive in drive out. Health check for free and valve clearances done at sane time for about £30.

Company called SW motorsports in Leyland Lancashire which isn't far from me at all. Anyone used them? Reviews?

Cheers carl.
They are a sponsor and supplier for the Civic Cup. I haven't used them personally but would imagine they know their way around a K20.

I can however strongly recommend Brosport in Cheadle if that's not too far away from you?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]