The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

All chat/questions relating to this highly memorable driving holiday in here.
By Sedge
algreene wrote:Your travel times are baaaaaad for people up north. Depart = drive all night. Return = drive all night..
As said before, just getting some ideas on pricing.
I was also thinking that a stop over on Sunday close to the port for the best early start... gets lots done on the first day that way.
All just for ideas...
Newannaive wrote:Al we can have a pre-tour stop over at claires house the night before if we want...25 mins from the tunnel. BBq has been offered, and it will give you a chance to squeeze into that tent before you have to do it for real.. :wink:
Sounds like a plan... :wink:
Sedge
By SparklyGem
Sedge wrote: I was also thinking that a stop over on Sunday close to the port for the best early start... gets lots done on the first day that way.
All just for ideas...

Sedge
That is a good idea, nice drive down on the Sunday afternoon, stay overnight nearby and be ready for the drive on Monday morning, and it won't be a too early start either :-D
By Newannaive
Just waiting for someone to take charge and finalise a route/itinerary thingy.
For everyone to agree a date.
And to book tunnel/ferry etc
By Harv
Firstly someone needs to just go ahead and confirm a date, it will never suit everybody so sooner that's done the better as things can start being planned.

Book your own ferry/tunnel, then organise with each other accommodation so we all stay in the same place each night. Route is fine, but you never stay to it, just make your own way to each hotel everyday
By Newannaive
July sometime is good with me.

Evilowl or someone similarly experienced is probably best for making the travel/accom. decisions.
By Harv
koblenz is always a nice hotel, or at the ring the new houses but those are self catering so not sure if they will suit.
By karl
June/July/August are all ideal. are oil burners allowed? :lovl:
By Superbully
Turbo5 wrote:I am up for it. lets think of suggested dates, how about the royal wedding dates and easter and the first May day. they all link together. by taking 3 days off work.
Can John do anything re accomodation through his fraser eagle company? They came up with some nice places on the 2006 HET :salut:

re: budgets and stuff - could the tour be made shorter? couple reasons - budget will be less. Holiday requirements off work will be less. Would have to take 2 weeks holiday off work for the original plan and find that quite allot.
Well actually no can do - need some over for summer hols in Morocco and then for xmas break in UK at xmas :oops:

I'm with Dave on possible different timings - July were going be stuck behind holiday traffic 70% of the time = Dutch and english with their caravans :roll:
By Sedge
I wouldn't say no to shorter if it was proposed, same reasons as Bully... less holiday and slightly cheaper...
Linky, 1650 miles... EO seems to be the best expert on the exact route...
Sedge
By Newannaive
Don't miss any of the awesomest roads out though...no point in missing all the good stuff out.
By Sedge
Exactly my point N&N, i'm no expert on detailed route planning and getting the good stuff in. I think I have got that route in the general area of some...
Sedge
By Jermal
I should imagine the price of doing something like this has tripled since it was last done in 2009. I hope you guys can get this sorted though. the previous ones have always looked immense.

If it all goes to plan and you get going with this, you will have to nominate someone or take it in turns to do a daily update on here. Massive amounts of pics and vids is a standard requirement.
By Newannaive
It'll go ahead in some form or another, even if it's just a few of us with no real idea which way to go. :smile:
By Cat
Jermal wrote:I should imagine the price of doing something like this has tripled since it was last done in 2009. I hope you guys can get this sorted though. the previous ones have always looked immense.
Last HET was 2007.

Totally loved it!
I dunno that I can do one this year though, much as I want to. :???:

The cost back in 2007 with ferry, hotels and meals was a total bargain thinking back. It would be a lot more pennies now!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]