The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

All chat/questions relating to this highly memorable driving holiday in here.
I have just got back from driving to Malta, had a fantastic time, mainly motorways but managed the Amalfi 2050 miles in 4 days stayed in Reims, Portofino, Sorento and Pozzallo. Did it all in a brand new Honda S2000.
The problem I have now is the wife, we have a 5 month old baby and she found it difficult whilst I was away, So unfortunately this year I will have to miss the tour.
However,
There are 25 people signed up to go
A route if you want it.
or you could do last years route or make one up yourself. I will give any assistance you need.

Any volunteers ?
25 peoples names down yet a very poor response :scratch: that is very sad.. :sad:

Sorry to hear you have to pull out of this Dave especially when its sounds like you have done alot of ground work already..
Sadly I am not going on this years I have other plans.

Really enjoyed the roads and views from last years HET and plan to go back again next year and explore more of those roads.
I have got to admit that I am disappointed about this year's HET as I have been looking forward to it for quite a while but I do understand why you can't do it this year, Dave - family comes first.

As I have never driven in Europe, there is no way I would even contemplate organising the trip. I will just have to make other arrangements for my holiday this year.

Karen
foolserrand1985 wrote:I think that if someone, not me, was to step up and start planning one for next year or if too late now, the following year. Quite a few people would be up for it.

I know that I would!
2011 sounds good :thumbup:

Romania anyone :smile:
I'd be up for having a go at organising a Euro trip if someone who has been before is willing to help out with routes.

I had hope to do something this year however I'm running a Trip to the Isle of Man again and I'm planning a Scotland tour so I'm not going to be able to do it this year sorry.
mikeg wrote:
foolserrand1985 wrote:I think that if someone, not me, was to step up and start planning one for next year or if too late now, the following year. Quite a few people would be up for it.

I know that I would!

I am having to drive to Italy for my wedding start of next year.. Thinking 2011 would be best too. Can 100% know my car will be fully built by then :p
mikeg wrote:

I know that I would!

You have been watching top gear what they did'nt show was you're nice 19" rage wheels vanishing in the middle of the night
I have an idea you know the way at the back of some of the main stream car magazines there is advertisements for driving holidays across Europe with stops at the ring and the stelvio pass. Well I think maybe it would be a good idea to ask one of the company's for a custom made trip and they would organise it and all we would have to do is go. :-D

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]