The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

All chat/questions relating to this highly memorable driving holiday in here.
Harv wrote:
Mark83 wrote:
Harv wrote:Spa > everything else.

that is all :lol:
Ian, Easter weekend... Spa and Ring back to back. Fancy it?
Think i'll be dong that with the MLR in may, if they can get spa booked again. otherwise yes :twisted:
£235 for a full day at Spa, open pit lane, free additional drivers/passengers and tuition.
Harv wrote:
Cat wrote:
Harv wrote:
id have to look through my maps for routes in the alps/south france etc.
Route Napoleon!

I can only go the beginning of July though, just as it's getting busier. :sad:
The N85 :twisted:
I think I saw that in the Carphone Warehouse at lunch time.
There are some cracking roads from the Ring to Spa as Andy and I found out back in May 2008..

We were spoilt for choice looking at sat nav most of the others went the direct route but we took the pretty route it might have taken longer but was great fun. the weather was lovely there too :thumbup:

Route Napoleon is a nice road..

I think day 3 and 4 were the best days for me and in terms of mountain roads on the HET 2007 although the weather in places was scary, having hail stones on the top of Furka is not fun.. if I recall correctly we went in early July and we still had a little snow and fog which made for interesting driving.. But I guess it depends on where you want to go to what time of year to go?

Stelvio pass was good and we were lucky with traffic but as mentioned there are better roads and if I wasnt just off to Perth WA in a couple of hours I would dig the names out.
I was figuring out a rough route last night, only problem is I want to go to too many places!
Was thinking of starting like HET 2007, heading to Dijon via Reims, down the Route Napoleon to the South of France, few of the passes in Switzerland, through the Blackforest, on to Nurburgring, Spa then home.

Ideally I reckon 4-5 hours driving a day is best, it allows a bit of time to explore, take pics, get lunch etc. As much as I enjoyed 2007 some days were 7+ hours driving which is ok if you're sharing the driving but pretty hardcore if you're the sole driver.
Cat wrote:I was figuring out a rough route last night, only problem is I want to go to too many places!
Was thinking of starting like HET 2007, heading to Dijon via Reims, down the Route Napoleon to the South of France, few of the passes in Switzerland, through the Blackforest, on to Nurburgring, Spa then home.
like the sound of that. :salut:
I could be up for this Catz, but I'm not sure I could take/live with Baby for a week, so it might have to be the R26. There are now asbo type laws in France that can cause real hassle now for groups of cars basically it's illegal unless you get local permission to travel through each town. Might be better to arrange to use the Ferry from Hull and miss France out. Thats good for you though.

Early July is the best time, less traffic on the fun roads, less chance of snow on the high roads and no clashing TimeAttack rounds.

Seano
Last edited by seano on Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newannaive wrote:
Cat wrote:I was figuring out a rough route last night, only problem is I want to go to too many places!
like the sound of that. :salut:
Just put it into google maps and most days would involve at least 6 hours driving, guess that's ok with a lunch stop inbetween.
Not much time for sight seeing though, guess I need an in-car vid so I can view it all later. :P

seano wrote: There are now asbo type laws in France that can cause real hassle now for groups of cars basically it's illegal unless you get local permission to travel through each town. Seano
Really? Quiet driving required then. :wink:
They are very sensitive to this kind of thing - I suspect just a large group of similar foreign cars is enough. I got stopped and quizzed on the trip to the Renault factory @ Dieppe last year. OK I talked my way out of it in my best franglaise, but rest assured if I hadn't been in an old scrote in a Renault going to the local Renault factory, I wouldn't have got away with it. I wasn't making any noise, just driving slowly through the Bolougne port area. France is having a huge crack down on road accidents and they have explicitly legislated against this.

Seano
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]