The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

All chat/questions relating to this highly memorable driving holiday in here.
By Turbo5
If any mod would like to create a new Honda Euro Tour 2008 section :thumbup:

After listening to comments about last years tour being too long and the 1st draft of 2008 being a bit too long and impractical with Venice etc. I have redone the routes again. The over night stops haven't been finalised and I am open to any constructive criticism or ideas/knowledge you have on the area ie must visit places etc. The driving distances and times are a lot shorter so this gives people the choice of late lie ins or to explore more at your own pace. I have a quote for the Plymouth Santander ferry and someone asked that I get a quote for the Portsmouth Bilbao (PO ferries) we can vote on which is best. We also need to check that the 10th July is a tourist day at the ring before we progress any further.
the Total mileage is only 1947 miles
Day Route Mileage Driving Time Terrain
Wednesday Plymouth to Santander 21 hours Sea

Thursday Santander to Reinosa 217miles 4 hours 18 minutes Mountains

Friday Reinosa to Arette 256miles 5 hours 33 mins Mountains

Saturday Arette to Andorra 284miles 6 hours 19 minutes Mountains

Sunday Rest day in Andorra feel free to undertake some activities or shop till you drop in this tax free principality

Monday Andorra to Sete 198miles 4 hours 19 minutes Mountain and coast

Tuesday Sete to Macon 308miles 5 hours 48 minutes B roads & Motorway

Wednesday Macon to Koblenz 384miles 5 hours 35 minutes Motorway

Thursday Day at the Nurburgring

Friday Koblenz to Calais 304miles 4 hours 17 minutes Motorway
By Cat
Looks good Dave :thumbup:

Think the shorter distances are a good idea. Errmm not being cheeky but how did you calculate the time they'll take? Do you reckon the times are accurate?

I thought you were going in May or June so didn't think I'd be tempted by this one but July hmmm Image

Although it's my birthday on the 11th ... maybe just have to stay at the Ring and get my friends to come over, or drive up to Amsterdam and get them to fly there for some partying! :lol:

Oh ... decisions, decisions ...
By Turbo5
The times are calculated off MS autoroute on standard settings, ie 30mph town and villages 70mph motorways etc, they do vary from tom tom which is more accurate.
By Turbo5
If the ring is only open on the Thursday evening I will add another day to the tour so we have all day Friday at the ring. We can spend it on the spanish costa or traveling through the Alps, which would you prefer ?
By Turbo5
After listening to comments about last years tour being too long and the 1st draft of 2008 being a bit too long and impractical with Venice etc. I have redone the routes again. The over night stops haven't been finalised and I am open to any constructive criticism or ideas/knowledge you have on the area ie must visit places etc. The driving distances and times are a lot shorter so this gives people the choice of late lie ins or to explore more at your own pace. I have a quote for the Plymouth Santander ferry and someone asked that I get a quote for the Portsmouth Bilbao (PO ferries) we can vote on which is best. We also need to check that the 10th July is a tourist day at the ring before we progress any further.
the Total mileage is only 1947 miles
Day Route Mileage Driving Time Terrain
Wednesday Plymouth to Santander 21 hours Sea

Thursday Santander to Reinosa 217miles 4 hours 18 minutes Mountains

Friday Reinosa to Arette 256miles 5 hours 33 mins Mountains

Saturday Arette to Andorra 284miles 6 hours 19 minutes Mountains

Sunday Rest day in Andorra feel free to undertake some activities or shop till you drop in this tax free principality

Monday Andorra to Sete 198miles 4 hours 19 minutes Mountain and coast

Tuesday Sete to Macon 308miles 5 hours 48 minutes B roads & Motorway

Wednesday Macon to Koblenz 384miles 5 hours 35 minutes Motorway

Thursday Day at the Nurburgring

Friday Koblenz to Calais 304miles 4 hours 17 minutes Motorway

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]