The Worlds Largest Independent Honda Type-R Club & Forum - "Often imitated, never duplicated" 

• First draft for 2008

All chat/questions relating to this highly memorable driving holiday in here.
All chat/questions relating to this highly memorable driving holiday in here.
 #2138038  by evilowl
 Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:53 pm
I'm happy to do the route planning again, but I don't think I'll be doing another HET

We had more fun in 2 or 3 cars, driving the route we had planned and finding hotels when we were tired.

Driving set distances is fine but without driving the route beforehand on a recce it's impossible to gauge by TomTom and MS AutoRoute how long the actual driving will be and that was a major complaint from the last couple of years - that some of the stages were way too long and had people arriving very late at the hotels having spent 10 hours+ driving. The motorway sections are relatively easy, it's the mountain routes that are so hard to guess as there are so many variables (weather conditions, road closures & detours, average speed, strength of people's bladders, people's map reading skills, even down to road surface quality)

Plus in small groups you attract way less attention from le flick, so you can press on relatively unnoticed. In a large group of the same make/model of cars it draws a lot of attention
 #2138370  by Superbully
 Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:10 am
evilowl wrote:
Plus in small groups you attract way less attention from le flick, so you can press on relatively unnoticed. In a large group of the same make/model of cars it draws a lot of attention

or the small group presses on and the next group of same cars gets the attention :wink: :lol:

funny you should post on this thread catz, i came in this section the other night and thought shall i make a post and see if someone is interested. Don't know why i didn't, i think i was just a bit offput because the last one flopped and didn't think anyone would really want this bumped. Hopefully i'm wrong!

Coincidentally i thought of you Ross as planner/leader because I know you had allot of cracking routes that never got into consideration last time. Now is the chance to drive everything you wanted :cool:
I think you'd be a good HET guv'nor
 #2138836  by salem
 Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:58 pm
As Ross knows Andy aka SharkyUK and I are looking to go in 2010 but we would limit numbers like we do on our Wales Tour, keep it small for the above reasons and some of the roads can be alittle narrow. Also want to keep it a little more flexible and more holiday like so people can stop off take photos visit places walk around etc etc as well as do the great driving roads.

Its a shame 2008 didnt take off but I can understand it as its no easy task to organise especially when you can do a dummy run to check things out.
 #2140973  by evilowl
 Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:22 am
superbully wrote:Coincidentally i thought of you Ross as planner/leader because I know you had allot of cracking routes that never got into consideration last time. Now is the chance to drive everything you wanted :cool:
I think you'd be a good HET guv'nor

Sorry mate but no chance. Mainly due to the hassle of chasing people for money (deposits, hotels, ferry etc). Can't be bothered with all of that
 #2142710  by LeeH
 Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:16 pm
I'm off to the Ring in Aug with another DC5 if anyone wants to tag along............

Being booked is a couple of days.
 #2151253  by Turbo5
 Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:58 pm
There is some interest on the DC5 forum. I suggested late September, the passes will still be open, and the German and Dutch tourists in their 20mph camper vans should have gone home leaving nice empty roads.
 #2152236  by Superbully
 Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:12 pm
don't fancy august (prime camping/caravanning month) but i'd be up for a September jaunt...
 #2156768  by Josh1987
 Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:12 pm
Im well up for a Tour in my FN2 CW please say people are up for it i can fir 4 ppl in car so if 2 other cars up for it i am :D

Please aslong as its secure

Recent Topics

User avatar car wont rev past 4k RPM

by tjscott3

Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:58 am

User avatar Delete account

by EvoStu

Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:25 pm

User avatar Face lift

by garysan

Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:07 pm

User avatar ReMap FK8 TDI North

by paul155

Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:07 pm

User avatar Tyre pressure problems

by Evilwoo

Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:06 pm

Twitter

About Us

CTRO™ was the worlds first and largest Civic Type R club and forum. Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's. Now fully updated for 2015 the new forum based on BBOOTS PhpBB® Unofficial HTML5/CSS3 Theme. It’s Clean And Crisp Design Looks AWESOME Across All Browsers And Devices.

Don't forget to check out our huge Facebook group and Twitter Pages for all the most upto date goings on in the world of Honda and the Type R Brand.

CTRO

Established : 2002