The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

All chat/questions relating to this highly memorable driving holiday in here.
By Turbo5
kickboxing boo wrote:Hi,

School holidays for some of us poor teachers doesn't start until 3rd week in July.
Can you suggest some dates, late July would be horrific with traffic. I know Cats and yourself would prefer school holidays periods and Harvey is getting married so between the 3 of you can you come up with some mutual dates. I think the none educational workers have flexible holidays so we can should be able to fit them in around you. We also need the opening times for the Nurburgring unless we give it a miss and spend the week touring Spain instead and catch the ferry back.
By Cat
Thanks Dave but don't worry about me :wink:

It was just a fluke I managed to make HET this year. I should have been working but another part-timer owed me days because I covered for her.

It'll be a lot cheaper if you go earlier in the year rather than full season too!

I might catch up with you all at the Nurburgring if you plan going there though. :thumbup:
By 7EON
I think Catz made a very important note regarding price and traffic. This may sound harsh but picking a later date to accomodate a minority (one person?) seems a bit silly if the majority lose out by having to fork out more etc.
By Mark
Catz wrote:
I might catch up with you all at the Nurburgring if you plan going there though. :thumbup:

as much as i would love you come with you guys on this 1, with the new baby going be kinda hard and expensive as you can imagine.
anyway as Catz says see if i can catch you guys at the Ring if you plan on going there - might be worth a mini meet for the guys and gals that cant make the full tour

Have Fun :-D :-D
By Turbo5
Sorry to hear you can't make it, but being in the same position as yourself with a new baby its hard. My wife is not really keen about me going away but I think I managed to convince her to let me go. I have a basic route and will start more detailed planning in January, Asking people to commit as early as November like last year resulted in lots of changes and drop outs.
By mattyswe1
Turbo5 wrote:lots of changes and drop outs.
I am definately interested, again, so hopefully I wont be asked to be best man again :lol:
By kickboxing boo
Hi david looks good so far.... i sure you have allready taken a lot of time and effort to get to this stage.
Only a couple of points for people that can only get a week off work ie saturday to saturday you get the picture may not be possible for some.........i know the route dictates the longer spread of days tipping it over the week.
I think a few may be put off at the ferry costs as its a big cost to the trip although fully aware you will make it back from not spending out in fuel and autoroutes.
Read with interest ongoing.

Craig/Michelle.
By yumi
Hello! I've seen a few dates suggested in the threads here like end of May or July. Do we have a better idea now about when the tour would be? I'm possibly going as a passenger of Mr. :?: .
By Turbo5
Its more than likely the 2nd July 2008 but I am waiting to confirm that the Nurburgring is open on the days we want.
By jake mustard
yumi wrote:Hello! I've seen a few dates suggested in the threads here like end of May or July. Do we have a better idea now about when the tour would be? I'm possibly going as a passenger of Mr. :?: .

MR Mustard......... :badrazz:

geak

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]