The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

All chat/questions relating to this highly memorable driving holiday in here.
By evilowl
I'm happy to do the route planning again, but I don't think I'll be doing another HET

We had more fun in 2 or 3 cars, driving the route we had planned and finding hotels when we were tired.

Driving set distances is fine but without driving the route beforehand on a recce it's impossible to gauge by TomTom and MS AutoRoute how long the actual driving will be and that was a major complaint from the last couple of years - that some of the stages were way too long and had people arriving very late at the hotels having spent 10 hours+ driving. The motorway sections are relatively easy, it's the mountain routes that are so hard to guess as there are so many variables (weather conditions, road closures & detours, average speed, strength of people's bladders, people's map reading skills, even down to road surface quality)

Plus in small groups you attract way less attention from le flick, so you can press on relatively unnoticed. In a large group of the same make/model of cars it draws a lot of attention
By Superbully
evilowl wrote:
Plus in small groups you attract way less attention from le flick, so you can press on relatively unnoticed. In a large group of the same make/model of cars it draws a lot of attention
or the small group presses on and the next group of same cars gets the attention :wink: :lol:

funny you should post on this thread catz, i came in this section the other night and thought shall i make a post and see if someone is interested. Don't know why i didn't, i think i was just a bit offput because the last one flopped and didn't think anyone would really want this bumped. Hopefully i'm wrong!

Coincidentally i thought of you Ross as planner/leader because I know you had allot of cracking routes that never got into consideration last time. Now is the chance to drive everything you wanted :cool:
I think you'd be a good HET guv'nor
By salem
As Ross knows Andy aka SharkyUK and I are looking to go in 2010 but we would limit numbers like we do on our Wales Tour, keep it small for the above reasons and some of the roads can be alittle narrow. Also want to keep it a little more flexible and more holiday like so people can stop off take photos visit places walk around etc etc as well as do the great driving roads.

Its a shame 2008 didnt take off but I can understand it as its no easy task to organise especially when you can do a dummy run to check things out.
By evilowl
superbully wrote:Coincidentally i thought of you Ross as planner/leader because I know you had allot of cracking routes that never got into consideration last time. Now is the chance to drive everything you wanted :cool:
I think you'd be a good HET guv'nor
Sorry mate but no chance. Mainly due to the hassle of chasing people for money (deposits, hotels, ferry etc). Can't be bothered with all of that
By LeeH
I'm off to the Ring in Aug with another DC5 if anyone wants to tag along............

Being booked is a couple of days.
By Turbo5
There is some interest on the DC5 forum. I suggested late September, the passes will still be open, and the German and Dutch tourists in their 20mph camper vans should have gone home leaving nice empty roads.
By Josh1987
Im well up for a Tour in my FN2 CW please say people are up for it i can fir 4 ppl in car so if 2 other cars up for it i am :D

Please aslong as its secure

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]