The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Thought i would do a how to on this since i've had my suspension out 4 times recently.

Firstly i accept no responsibility for anything that happens as a result of following this guide. It is a guide only.

Tools needed:

Trolley Jack
Wheel wrench
breaker bar
penetrating spray (spray all bolts before you start)
socket set
spring clamps
scissor jack (to undo drop links)
spanners (the ones that step down, not sure what they are called)

1. Pop bonnet and remove the two caps either side to allow access to the top mount screws.
2. loosen wheel nuts
3.jack front of car up
4. remove wheel
5. using needle nose pliers, undo the abs sensor attatchment points on the shock
6 undo the brake pipe securing bolt 12mm nut
7 place scissor jack under hub, jack up hub and undo top ARB link bolt, move this to the side
8. go back up to engine bay, loosen the three 14mm top mount nuts,
9. using breaker bar undo the upper shock mounting bolt, one sidee is 19mm the other 22 (or thereabouts)
10. undo the lower bolt in the same way
12. remove both bolts.
13. holding the shock leg in one hand, use the other hand to remove the three loose top mount bolts. (careful not to lose them)
14. leave the hub assembly resting on the scissor jack and carefully pull the shock absorber out from the car.
15. set it down and apply spring clamps either side of spring, carefully so that they are secure
16. compress spring.
17. loosen the central suspension bolt with an allen key and 18mm spanner (the dipped one)
18. remove the top mount and bearings.
19. remove spring, replace with eibach, make sure the bump stop and mud sheild are secure
20. replace all parts and loosen sring clamps

refitting is a reversal of these steps.

You will now need to get your tracking/wheel alignment checked as soon as you can.

photos will follow shortly.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]