The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By Loxy
Thought I'd posted this up on here but seems I haven't...

I know the kit comes with instructions, but sometimes pictures help people to visualise how to do it, so here is a basic guide.

I've not covered every last bit, because the instructions are quite good.

Right! Took me about an hour.

Unclip the plug from the airflow sensor, take top off air box with the three spring clips, remove panel filter.

I clamped this hose but to be honest hardly any coolant comes out anyway, and you have to completely remove the top coolant pipe:

You can then remove the OEM intake pipe, disconnecting the breather hoses etc as you go.

New water pipe from kit fitted in the middle of picture:

Undo one bolt here that holds the bottom of the airbox in:

You then just pull the bottom of the airbox off these spikes, the bottom of the airbox has rubber bungs that pop over these:

Next undo this bolt to fit the bracket that holds the oem cold air feed pipe:

Bracket fitted:

Next put bottom section on without tightening the jubilee clips up, just put all the hoses on etc:

You need to take this bolt out so you can later attach the bracket that holds the top of the intake pipe:

Put it all together with all of the jubilee clips loose so you can line it all up. Take the airflow sensor off the old airbox and fit it to the intake pipe, connect up the plug. You then need really small hands and a small rachet to reach round the intake pipe and put the new supplied bolt in the hole you saw above to attach the bracket. Then you need to tighten up the bolt on the other side of the bracket, where it connects to the bracket on the intake pipe. Then tighten all of the jubilee clips up and it should look like this:

You can just about see the bracket under the airflow sensor. Doing that bit, as it is by touch only and in such a small space, is the really fiddly bit.

When done it should sound like this (well assuming you have Flashpro running the GroupN map as I was then):

I've also had a few requests through various mediums for scans of the HKS instructions.

The instructions don't seem to be copyrighted, so I hope HKS don't have a problem with me posting them up. Only trying to help people out who have bought kits that don't have instructions included. :thumbup:

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]