The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By bluntcap
Open glove box.......squeeze sides so it flips down revealing what's behind it......There is a gap somewhere in there hides the plastic holders for the filters.......take out and replace :thumbup:
By owen86
If this is for the fn2, then you dont have to touch the glovebox, there is a panel underneath that unclips but you might get away with leaving that in place. the pollen filter has a small plastic cover in the passenger footwell, to the right, that unclips from the top, pull that out then the filter just slides out. If you cant get that out, you might have to take the panel off under the glove box.
By Welshy81
Thanks to the info on this post I have just managed to take out my pollen filter. One quick question though, I noticed that the arrows on the pollen filter point towards the front of the vehicle when I removed it. Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that they should going in the direction of the airflow and therefore be directed towards the driver/passenger. Is this right?
By FocusNick
Welshy81 wrote:Thanks to the info on this post I have just managed to take out my pollen filter. One quick question though, I noticed that the arrows on the pollen filter point towards the front of the vehicle when I removed it. Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that they should going in the direction of the airflow and therefore be directed towards the driver/passenger. Is this right?

The arrows are the direction of airflow and yes it should be pointing towards the back of the car not the front! :thumbup:
By Welshy81
Thought so. Cant believe, well I can actually that the numpty mechanic at my Honda dealer has put something as simple as a pollen filter in the wrong way round. You pay top whack for your servicing and what do you get...monkeys!

Guess this may explain the strange smell I would occasionally get when the a/c started up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]