The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By frazzle
Got a new gear knob coming in the post from my dealer as the previous one was tarnished and scrathched. Can anyone advise how this is fitted?
By EvoStu
frazzle wrote:Got a new gear knob coming in the post from my dealer as the previous one was tarnished and scrathched. Can anyone advise how this is fitted?
Ummmm remove old one and put new one on? Or is that too obvious? :lol:

EvoStu.
By Telsa
frazzle wrote:Ah come on now :lol:

Is it a screw, does it just twist on? It's not obvious to me.
My knob has done the exact same thing. Scratched from over use, via the ring on the missus's finger. :shock:

To remove your knob, grasp it firmly, and turn it counter clockwise. It unscrews until it falls as a heavy load on the floor. I suggest you catch it.

Bad innuendo's aside, how much was your new one? I too would like a replacement.
By FAT4Y
EvoStu wrote:
frazzle wrote:Got a new gear knob coming in the post from my dealer as the previous one was tarnished and scrathched. Can anyone advise how this is fitted?
Ummmm remove old one and put new one on? Or is that too obvious? :lol:

EvoStu.
hmmm...mite get my mechanic to do that LOL
By frazzle
Wasn't me who wrote that - it was telsa :-D

Got a new gearknob coming in the post as part of the deal when I bought the car a couple of weeks ago.

I tell you what though, if it does screw off, I can't shift the thing. Its bloody tight.
By Telsa
frazzle wrote:Wasn't me who wrote that - it was telsa :-D

Got a new gearknob coming in the post as part of the deal when I bought the car a couple of weeks ago.

I tell you what though, if it does screw off, I can't shift the thing. Its bloody tight.
It does. Just turn it firmly Counter clockwise. It's an arse getting the thing lined up when it screws back on though!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]