The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By drumglynn
Do we have a guide like the one for the EP3, with photos for changing pads on FN2?I found the ones for the EP3 really helpful when I had my facelift model.
By kingofdbrits
I've just changed my front pads and the 'How To' in the EP3 section Clicky is exactly the same for the FN2 so i've not done a comprehensive report.

A few things i'd like to add, the pads were bought from Honda for £58, so by doing it your self you're saving £50. The process was very easy and straight forward.

When releasing the bottom bolt from the caliper turn it CLOCKWISE, and not anti-clockwise like i tried to do.

Tie up the caliper so you can take out the old pads and replace with the new.

When replacing the pads ensure the pad with the silver metal backing is put on the inside.

Check the brake fluid levels after the change.

Following the change i'd recommend you follow the bedding in procedure to check it all works and to give you confidence that your brakes work. Clicky
By WhiskyDelta
Hi....old thread but my question is relevant.

For the rear pads you need to use a wind back tool. Which thread version do I need, right or left? I think right but want to be sure. Also any links to a specific wind back tool off ebay or amazon that will work would be appreciated.

Regards

Whisky

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]