The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By illeagalhunter
Tools required
Flat screw driver
Philips screw driver
10mm socket & ratchet
microfibre cloth

First thing is to take the clip and screw out from underneath the joint of the wheel arch & lower part of the bumper. Pull them apart both sides.
Unscrew the inner wheel arch both sides
ImageImage
Take out the clips from the underside of the bumper and save all clips.Now start to remove the wheel arch trim by squeezing the clips from behind & pushing them through, puthe microfibre behind it as you go. there is 1 large clip witch is very tight . I squeezed it then hit with pliers to get it out. unscrew the philips screw holding them toether out.
ImageRemove the caps covering the 4 bolts holding the bumper on . now gently start to shake the bumper loose , if you have parking sensors you will need todisconnect before the bumper will come right off. Plaace bumper on to a sheet to stop it getting scratched.
Unbolt the exhaust trims and save the bolts ImageUnscrew the reflectors & save. Now the 3 clips holding the bumper together are removed & saved.
ImageThe bumper will now unclip from both sides. Image Now clip the new part in from the centre out the way. now repeat the process in reverse to finish.Image
By JohnnoTypeR
Two hour's is a good effort fella, Took me 1 and hal hour's. Top result well pleased i done mine :thumbup:
By wheelnut
Thanks for posting this how to :thumbup: , used it to replace rear bumper after scrapeing it on wall at end of drive way.Worked out cheaper than body shop to do my self, can't belive it,I drive 44 ton truck all day, then bump my own car :oops: cheers and thanks again.
By matgt3000
Just fitted my grand prix kit on my CW, used this guide and found it very usefull, took about 1hr 30mins..... i did take the rear wheels off for easier access to the arches, screws and the clips.

:thumbup:
By Loxy
Not taking anything away from the OP's guide but the splitters include instructions.

If you buy them second hand, you might not have the instructions so here they are for future reference.

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]