The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By alltherouge
Guy's,

Below is the list of the parts required to change the Dashboard to suit an aftermarket Headunit;

39116-S30-G01 POCKET, AUTO RADIO 1
77251-SMG-E00ZA PANEL ASSY., AUDIO *NH167L * (NH167L GRAPHITE BLACK) 1
77256-SMG-E00 BRACKET A 1
77257-SMG-E00 BRACKET B 1
91551-SE0-003 BOLT, FLANGE, 5X7 2x
93913-14280 SCREW, TAPPING, 4X12 (PO) 6x

You need to change the brackets for each side as the original brackets are part of the double din unit - cant be used again.
You also need to supply your Chassis Number as Dashboard Shades differ!
The Dealer would need to change this for you also.

Regards
alltherouge
By gazlake
BRILLIANT!!! :WOOT
been trying to find out about this for a while now. now i can order all the bits in before the car arrives.
would it be possible for you to post some pictures of what it looks like after the dash has been done?
that way i can decide if i'll use my current JVC dvd player or mot?

cheers.

gaz
By alltherouge
Just a little update, i have the parts and booked into the dealers for 2/10/07 (on holiday from Thursday until then).

Parts £185 (i got a discount) normal price £200
Works £198 inc vat - approx 3 hours work.

Ordered new Headunit today, i will post before and after on completion!

alltherouge
By alltherouge
If you are going to change the headunit then make sure you have all the cables you will need for all future connections, eg Amps/Phones etc Get all these cables plugged into the Headunit before the dash is put back together, as the aftermarket headunit is bolted into the new Facia Adaptor. The cage that is supplied with the headunit is obsolete, and the aftermarket unit won't slide in/out once fitted.
Also you need an adaptor for the Ariel Connection, as standard with all new cars. Square to Co-ax Round.

Steering Wheel Control won't work as the harness for this hasn't been developed yet, and the Old style Civic Harness will not fit the new (i'm sure i read somewhere that they were both the same!).

Hopefully Pics wll be up over the weekend!

alltherouge
By alltherouge
Guy's please see photos below! Totally Forgot to post!

Note: Mid Dash display isn't working at the moment, still waiting on new wiring harness to solve this, does anyone know if this is something that will be out soon?? Or do i need to devise something else?

Cheers
alltherouge
By COB
Thanks mate - it looks great and I think I'll do the same but I'll wait until the bits for the mid display and steering wheel control are out. Was it a big job?
By alltherouge
It took my dealer about 3hrs to change the unit, the rest of the system took 1 1/2 days by an audio installer. Its just a pain that i still need to sort out the display, but i'll just need to sit tight for the moment!
By just-civic-fn2
Hi,

Im really impressed with the job you have done replacing standard unit.

Who makes the replacement dash part that the headunit fits into? looks very good quality

cheers

jt
By Griffyn
alltherouge wrote:Just a little update, i have the parts and booked into the dealers for 2/10/07 (on holiday from Thursday until then).

alltherouge
£400 is a shame as alot....thats alot u cld spend on performace....does that leave the clock working though?
By lee-swindon
3 hours is a bit ott, its only a case of removing the rear/front consoles and the oval shaped black trim on the top of the dash ,which would then reveal 3 screws on top and 3 screws behind the console and just pull the standard stereo out should have tried it yourself ans saved the £200 its honestly not that hard,but it looks good!!
By CTR_Timmy
alltherouge wrote:Just a little update, i have the parts and booked into the dealers for 2/10/07 (on holiday from Thursday until then).

alltherouge
Mate no way did it take 3 hours mine took all day to do! And with regards to the parts you got ripped off I paid £95 quid
By EvoStu
CTR_Timmy wrote:

alltherouge
Mate no way did it take 3 hours mine took all day to do! And with regards to the parts you got ripped off I paid £95 quid
I checked today on this and the parts are indeed just over £200 so sorry Timmy but you're wrong.

EvoStu.
By Nadeem
Are the parts qouted above just for double din or for single din also?

Images of the parts :-

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-mp3- ... facia.html

Also, does anyone know the difference in quality between the Honda bits and the Autoleads DFPK-15-07 Facia Adapter:-

http://www.autoleads.co.uk/downloads/CO ... -15-07.pdf

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]