The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By LeeH
nambiker wrote:is there any reason to place the brown wire on bulb facing upwards??? i have faced mine upwards and dont want the hassle to flip them over....
I think it was to locate the bulb in the head light but it was ages ago so I'm not 100%. If it fits then leave it as it is.
By nambiker
LeeH wrote:
nambiker wrote:is there any reason to place the brown wire on bulb facing upwards??? i have faced mine upwards and dont want the hassle to flip them over....
I think it was to locate the bulb in the head light but it was ages ago so I'm not 100%. If it fits then leave it as it is.
cool. cheers for the reply.also is there a way to adjust the light beam pattern/direction?? i know the up/down one already
By AL1 786
Im looking to get my HID conversion kit from hids4u fitted soon!
I want to remove my front bumper and headlights so i can fit them properly without any problems!
Can anyone shed some light on where the screws/rivots are located to remove the front bumper from a facelift ep3?

Cheers
Ibrahim
By LeeH
AL1 786 wrote:Im looking to get my HID conversion kit from hids4u fitted soon!
I want to remove my front bumper and headlights so i can fit them properly without any problems!
Can anyone shed some light on where the screws/rivots are located to remove the front bumper from a facelift ep3?

Cheers
Ibrahim
I can supply the same kit for less. PM me or look in the for sale section. :smile:

If you look for the fog light 'how to' that will show you how to remove the front bumper.
By Cracksta
Lee,

I got the 04 CTR facelift, which kit would i need? I'm assuming its the H1 fitment, i want the 55w as i've heard its a bit brighter than 35w ones.

would i also need those adapters you sell for easier fitment?

Let me know asap as i want to get them done for the weekend.

Cheers
By D_Rage
Fitted my HID's the other day ended up taking the bumper off since i couldnt see what i was doing and just couldnt get the clip in properly have to cut one of the tabs on the bulb holders should be easy to do with bumper still on knowing what bit to cut.

Really easy to fit!
By mjhamilton
guys, just been catching up on this thread..

.. just wanted to say that there is absolutely no reason to remove the front bumper to fit a HID kit on the EP3.. I have done quite a few now and never had any issues that required this drastic action :thumbup:
By LeeH
D_Rage wrote:Fitted my HID's the other day ended up taking the bumper off since i couldnt see what i was doing and just couldnt get the clip in properly have to cut one of the tabs on the bulb holders should be easy to do with bumper still on knowing what bit to cut.

Really easy to fit!
Thanks for that, I'll have a look into some new holders or mod the ones I have before I send them out. :thumbup:
By AL1 786
I fitted my 5000k kit last week! Wanted an OEM look and im NOT dissapointed! Looks awesome! Gives that hint of blue look like them Range Rovers, Mercedes etc!
I went about removing my front bumper to fit the HID conversion kit that I bought from HIDS4U went for the SLIM 35w ballest, I would highly recommend this as you can mount the ballest on the bulk plate below the headlight and tuck away any loose wires with ease!
By sendai
crooky88 wrote:I fitted an 6000K 55W kit from hidsdirect.com today, it wasnt diffilcult to do, not even that awkward so dont be afraid and looks really good, a worthy upgrade!
I also fit a 6000K 55W for low beam/PIAA leds and a HB3 35W 6000K slim kit for the hi beam. for the hi beam I used the original oem ballast location:

I also bought new proper headlights from DEPO cause the crap honda ones got some condensation. the DEPO units are better built, have HB3 conversion in metal not in plastic and more important they have better lents and proper vents. :thumbup:
I don't use adaptors, instead I put some bulbsprings that I made.

The bulbs sits perfect now:

By dnz 21
mjhamilton wrote:guys, just been catching up on this thread..

.. just wanted to say that there is absolutely no reason to remove the front bumper to fit a HID kit on the EP3.. I have done quite a few now and never had any issues that required this drastic action :thumbup:
+1

it takes 10 mins to fit them and no need at all for removing the bumper

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]