The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By bluntcap
Fitted mine last week and they are awsome, got the 6000K ones and they are just perfect!

Mind you when fitting I couldnt re attach the little metal things that stop the bulb and bulb holder from slipping out.....you know the bit I mean? Well my mate got them thank goodness, but apart from that they were actually easy enough.
By speedy36
I know what you mean matey.

I can do the passenger side with no real issues its just the one behind the washer bottle thats the tw@t.

Out of interest where did you mount the ballasts??? i was thinking of putting them inside the inner wing behind the plastic panel....they fit quite nicely and would be prone to wet etc.

:salut:
By bluntcap
speedy36 wrote:I know what you mean matey.

I can do the passenger side with no real issues its just the one behind the washer bottle thats the tw@t.

Out of interest where did you mount the ballasts??? i was thinking of putting them inside the inner wing behind the plastic panel....they fit quite nicely and would be prone to wet etc.

I stuck the one on the passenger side to the side of the battery, but as low down as it could go on the right hand side. The drivers side well......Im not fussed on where mine is but so far its sweet, literally up the top left of the engine bay near where the suspension is, there is an area where it sits nicly and doesnt get caught on the bonnet, so far its dead on there. Because I found that the wires were very close to the belt on the engine and didnt want anything getting caught.
By bluntcap
speedy36 wrote:cheers bud

Did you do anything to keep the spade connectors in the connection blocks??

Ahh yes they dont fit correctly to effin small, lots and lots of black electrical tape mate, then once the engine warms up from driving the tape should kinda shrink onto its self, thus securing it better. If you want any pics just let me know and I can fire some up :thumbup:
By m19JDM
Any relevant pics would be helpful mate. I have bought the ultimate 35w h1 kit from hids4u for my facelift ep3. Fitting tomorrow and have no idea what im doing. Hopefully its pretty self explanitory? Just a quick question:

Other than my car, and my hid conversion kit, and my new bulb holders - do i need anything else to complete the job? Tools? etc.

Thanks

Joe
By devil84
m19JDM wrote:Any relevant pics would be helpful mate. I have bought the ultimate 35w h1 kit from hids4u for my facelift ep3. Fitting tomorrow and have no idea what im doing. Hopefully its pretty self explanitory? Just a quick question:

Other than my car, and my hid conversion kit, and my new bulb holders - do i need anything else to complete the job? Tools? etc.

Thanks

Joe

not that I am aware of, apart from smaller hands to fit on the drivers side because of the washer bottle :thumbup:
By bluntcap
devil84 wrote:
m19JDM wrote:Any relevant pics would be helpful mate. I have bought the ultimate 35w h1 kit from hids4u for my facelift ep3. Fitting tomorrow and have no idea what im doing. Hopefully its pretty self explanitory? Just a quick question:

Thanks

Joe

not that I am aware of, apart from smaller hands to fit on the drivers side because of the washer bottle :thumbup:
2+ No tools mate and kinda is easy enough, I thought OMG it's going be well complicated, but I had a mate help thats done one before and it is straight forward. Just have patients for those dam metal things that hold the buld and buld holder in place. And get some electrical tape!
By speedy36
you may need some heavy duty velcro depending on where your mounting the ballasts mate.

Anyone got any small hands available??????????????? :smile: :wink:
By LeeH
This thread wants binning as the adapters are now available to buy off the shelf.......when I did mine and this thread, they were not available.

You noobs have got it to easy these days :lol:
By thorno_58
just a quick one... i have recently got a H1 HID kit for my facelift and was woundering has anyone ever had to make the hole in the headlight bigger to fit the HID bulb in the standard location. Mine is a tiny bit bigger than a standard H1 bulb and it wont fit! :-x
By unabashed
thorno_58 wrote:just a quick one... i have recently got a H1 HID kit for my facelift and was woundering has anyone ever had to make the hole in the headlight bigger to fit the HID bulb in the standard location. Mine is a tiny bit bigger than a standard H1 bulb and it wont fit! :-x
if you have a facelift and bought H1 HID bulbs then there's no reason they shouldn't fit. I fitted mine over the weekend and at first they seemed like they were too big but after been a bit more patient they slotted in perfectly! :thumbup:
By bluntcap
thorno_58 wrote:just a quick one... i have recently got a H1 HID kit for my facelift and was woundering has anyone ever had to make the hole in the headlight bigger to fit the HID bulb in the standard location. Mine is a tiny bit bigger than a standard H1 bulb and it wont fit! :-x
My mate tried fitting the buld on my car last week had one go and was convinced the buld wouldnt fit, I played with it for a few mins and fitted perfectly! If its H1 and a facelift it fits 100% mate, just be patient with it.
By thorno_58
LeeH wrote:Make sure you have the correct orientation!
do you mean the ignitor pole tingy? One of my mates says he fitted it to the bottom of the bulb. were mine is fitted to the top. i had to file a tiny bit of the light away to get the bulb in. its fitted fine now though.
By speedy36
Just wanted to say finally i have mine fitted :WOOT

A BIG thanks to Walshy who came and did it for me. Cheers mate well sorted :thumbup: :salut:

Roll on night so i can use them. :yum: :yum:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]