The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By LeeH
You will need 2 kits :wink:
By craigallison2001
mmm bit pricing then at the mo... just recoving from buying it and having some ICE installed too. Insurance next month too - see how sore I am after that first I think! :(

Craig
By LeeH
Personally mate I wouldn't bother.

A big expense for a small gain.
By JDJ
What kind of price are these kits?

It looks mint when its done, im tempted, but just wondering the price?

Cheers
By Durzel
Images in the thread don't work :(

One of my OEM bulbs blew yesterday and instead of getting it changed I figured I'd get HIDs instead (04 facelift).

Is there anyone in the Wiltshire region who could fit these for me for some beers/cash? I am hopeless when it comes to this sort of things and I don't own a Dremel or a hot glue gun :)

I think I'd have enough trouble just changing the bulbs as they are.
By LeeH
They do now.

Lee
By c20let
whats happened to the pics! :evil:
By LeeH
c20let wrote:whats happened to the pics! :evil:
Chill winston!
By martin1977
Fitted HID's at the weekend... a £100 buy from FLEAbay.... fookin'brilliant improvement!!! :cooldude:

If you remove the headlights, it's easy to modify the spring clip to hold the bulb..... a pair of pliers and a little pressure... voila.... bulb securley held in place..

Mounted the Ballasts up like this......
(pics to follow).....

DEFO worth the £100 notes...
By N77
DAve_ wrote:isi it possible to buy the lamp holder insted of mashing up the original one?? if so were from?? i swear i saw someone selling a set on here not so long ago...
The obvious answer really ;)

Honda

Carl
By martin1977
You really don't need to buy bulb holders......
As soon as you take your headlight unit out and remove the original bulb and holder.. then offer up the H1 - HID bulb.. it's obvious (and easy), what you need to do!!! :-D

Just try....!!!!!
By N77
martin1977 wrote:You really don't need to buy bulb holders......
As soon as you take your headlight unit out and remove the original bulb and holder.. then offer up the H1 - HID bulb.. it's obvious (and easy), what you need to do!!! :-D

Just try....!!!!!
Yep I am going to try and have ago this way first, I need to take the bumper off anyway to put some new bulbs in the fog lights, so it will be halfway there to taking the lights out.

Carl
By martin1977
you'll manage it no probs....... :cool:
It's easy to see once the light units are out.....

New fog light bulbs.. needing these myslef.. missed out on the group buy for them... what a tube!!!! :badrazz:
By yai46
I'm in the process of buying a H1 Hid conversion kit. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0184674043

My question is if i'm buying a kit made to replace H1 halogen bulbs why would I need to modify the excisting and new lamp holders?

I'm assuming since this "how to guide" was written kits made for h1 exactly have been bought onto the market, Am I right?

Cheers
By Umair
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the How To just finished installing my HID Kit took me quite long because i wasn't really sure what i was doing but managed to complete. This guide was very helpful and the holder bit is very long cut my fingers a few times. Didn't need the glue gun though the bulbs stayed in nicely. i got the 10000k kit ill put some pics up asap.

Thanks again..

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]