The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By speedy36
devil84 wrote:
speedy36 wrote:Just wanted to say finally i have mine fitted :WOOT

A BIG thanks to Walshy who came and did it for me. Cheers mate well sorted :thumbup: :salut:

Roll on night so i can use them. :yum: :yum:
congrats bud lol at long last!

any chance of some pics??

Will see what i can do mate when it gets dark. :WOOT

:salut:
By speedy36
what you think????

digi camera not much good in the dark :roll:

Last pic old lights.......what a difference.....well worth getting them if anyone was toying with the idea.
:WOOT
By speedy36
Same as yours bud. With slim ballasts.
Tucked them away in the inner wing. all you see is a few wires. Walshy did a great Job :salut:

:thumbup:
By speedy36
Not had a chance to check it totally.....with it being weekend only drive till mid pm and then hit the beer!!!! :yum: :yum:
now bloody clocks have moved will have to wait even longer....may try them out tomorrow night :lol: :lol:

Surely it should slant from the left side as if it slanted from right it would blind other drivers and we don't do that do we!!!!!
That is looking from inside the car

By sendai
so no xenon for me because I always jet wash the engine. this will destroy the ballasts in a second.
I found some 180W pro bulbs for competition use only. maybe it will melt my lights :-D ..... they are trash anyway....so no problem
By bluntcap
sendai wrote:so no xenon for me because I always jet wash the engine. this will destroy the ballasts in a second.
I found some 180W pro bulbs for competition use only. maybe it will melt my lights :-D ..... they are trash anyway....so no problem
You jet wash the engine :shock: :scratch: why???
By sendai
to keep it clean. dust is the engine worst enemy .

I always used engine jet wash with all the cars. never ever had a minimal problem with any sensor or electrical part. anyway I protect the fuse box, the alternator, the steering electric motor and the coils. I also washed a lot of rally cars engines after gravel stages.

If a car has the ECU under the bonnet like Renault, FN2, etc a jet wash is forbidden :smile:
By speedy36
They drop off every so often mate.

TBH after watching Walshy sorting my HID's it is easy enough..... just as long as you can get behind the washer bottle....the rest seems straight forward and its down to you where you feel you want to locate the ballasts.

By Jay Type R
Yay pics working again :smile: , going to have a go of fitting mine today just want to make sure that the thin brown tube on the HID bulb is facing up and slightly towards the left i.e. 10 o'clock position if your facing forward?
By nambiker
is there any reason to place the brown wire on bulb facing upwards??? i have faced mine upwards and dont want the hassle to flip them over....

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]