The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By Scarab38kv
sendai wrote:
crooky88 wrote:I fitted an 6000K 55W kit from hidsdirect.com today, it wasnt diffilcult to do, not even that awkward so dont be afraid and looks really good, a worthy upgrade!
I also fit a 6000K 55W for low beam/PIAA leds and a HB3 35W 6000K slim kit for the hi beam. for the hi beam I used the original oem ballast location:

I really like this fitment location for the ballasts, and Im about to fit a set in mine shortly, but my biggest worry is do the ballasts give off any / much heat? Ive seen a Peugeot 206 burn to death due to HIDs (Not sure if this was poor quality, fitment etc) but this is the only worry I have before fitting...though I've not seen this being a problem for anyone?

Other than that, great installation Sendai!!
Something that doesn't seem to have been covered - CANBUS. Looking on ebay there is mention of CANBUS compatible kits. do we need to take this into account when looking for ourselves? I have a 2005 Civic Sport to which I am thinking about fitting OEM (4300K) HIDs.
Something that doesn't seem to have been covered - CANBUS. Looking on ebay there is mention of CANBUS compatible kits. do we need to take this into account when looking for ourselves? I have a 2005 Civic Sport to which I am thinking about fitting OEM (4300K) HIDs.
You won't need canbus as this is for cars with the system that tells you when a bulb has blow etc etc

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk
Batfink76 wrote:I have recently changed my pre-facelift to facelift headlights. Obviously I would need a facelift kit and would it be as straight forward due to wiring being changed :vconf:

providing your wiring adaptation follows the same standard as the OE then you wont have any issues...
Hi guys, can anyone please help?? my partner purchased me a h1 hid conversion kit as a christmas present, but my type R is a 03 (pre-facelift) and therefore have h4 bulbs. However, from what I have seen on the internet and what you mention in the guide, I understand you can use convert to h1 bulbs using bulb holders or cutting the fitment from the original bulb, but the power supply is my question.... how do I connect the h4 power (3 pin) to the h1 connector in the kit (2 pin).... hope you get what I'm gettting at?

Many thanks in advance

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]