The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By DJ Dunk
These instructions are provided and posted at the request of Autoleads & In Car Discount

REMOVAL OF THE HONDA CIVIC OEM UNIT

1. Remove fuse box cover under steering wheel.

2. Drop glovebox down and release side pins holding glovebox up (these are just pressed in to the centre of the glovebox)

3. Pull rubber boot around gear lever up and gently lever with a plastic tool/spatula the surround of the gear lever.

4. Disconnect multiplugs for the hazards and cigar lighter

5. Loosen 2 x 8mm bolts on the chassis holding the radio surround. (These are accessed through the fusebox and glovebox area.

6. Pull from the bottom the chassis for the radio/heater and gently place on top of the gear lever.

7. Remove 1 x screw from either side of the radio on the chassis and the radio will slide out from the front.

8. Remove 2 x screws from either side of the pocket and the pocket will slide out from the front.

9. Slide in the new fascia panel, aligning the screw holes with the holes from the pocket.

10. Locate the fascia with 4 x screws and refit the chassis fascia into the dash. (It is advised that the top of the fascia goes in first.)

11. Tighten the 2 x 8mm on the chassis holding the radio surround. (These are accessed through the fusebox and glovebox area)

12. Reconnect multiplugs for the hazards and cigar lighter

13. Refit bottom gear lever surround

14. Refit glovebox and fusebox covers
By Tom R
I tried to fit a new fascia following these instructions and got a bit confused. You don't have to remove the rubber boot and on my car you couldn't from above, you simply reach up from the glove box and under the steering wheel and theres about six clips on the under side of the silver plastic round the gear stick which you push up and the surround comes off. The rest of the in instructions were pretty good but a socket set to get at the 8mm bolts is advisable with extension bar and also I had to remove the heater controls to get at the screws for the tray and stereo.
By Spykee
well i have just done this today and the instructions were pretty accurate.

the only prob i had was fitting the original screws into the sides of my head unit cos none of them would allign with the screw holes in the metal dash mount! :x :roll:

i ended up slotting the metal surround that you get with the a head unit into it and doing a couple of mods then so its fitting spot on now! :D

i have taken a few pictures with my camera on my phone if someone has space to host them?....... quality of the pics are a bit crap though
By Diamond Dog
Anyone got any pictures of this then?
By monty1977
"9. Slide in the new fascia panel, aligning the screw holes with the holes from the pocket. "

...am I alone in needed to batter the living f*ck out of it to get it to fit? And even then it's not the best fit in the world?

:D

Adam
By mjhamilton
monty1977 wrote:"9. Slide in the new fascia panel, aligning the screw holes with the holes from the pocket. "

...am I alone in needed to batter the living f*ck out of it to get it to fit? And even then it's not the best fit in the world?

:D

Adam
I too had to pursuade the facia to go into the hole.... also as above 3rd party head units do not fit the OEM frame.,... I used the Pioneer cage provided with the head unit and the one srcew either side (you can only see one hole either site thru the OEM cage) with a washer to take the units weight and prevent the facia from 'bending'

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]