The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By BadBoy
To remove the rear bit where the handbrake is do this.

1. Push the front seats to the forward position.
2. Undo a screw on either side at the rear bottom of the panel. Where the rear cup holder is.
3. Tightly grip the panel at the top and pull up.
4. Slide the panel back and pull up from the rear towards the front so that it slides through from the rear of the handbrake.

:)
By macman123
BadBoy wrote:To remove the rear bit where the handbrake is do this.

1. Push the front seats to the forward position.
2. Undo a screw on either side at the rear bottom of the panel. Where the rear cup holder is.
3. Tightly grip the panel at the top and pull up.
4. Slide the panel back and pull up from the rear towards the front so that it slides through from the rear of the handbrake.

:)

Cheers mate, though I had got that far... :wink:

I want to remove the bit forward from that where the cupholders are.

I removed the 2 screws near the rear at near carpet level, the 2 inside the ashtray guide, and the 2 clips in the front footwells. It seemed to still be attached somewhere, and I am not brave enough to just use brute force and ignorance at this point, though maybe thats what is required. :?

Si
By AdzCiv
I never had the guts to use brute force either!!

Ive been looking for info on how to get the actual cubby apart where the sliding cup holders are but no one has any info.

But i think you have forgotten one thiing Si:

1.Take all the junk out from the cubby and get a vacum (that spelling doesnt look right!) hose without the attachment on and put it inside.

2. Turn on the vacum suck off the rubber panel on the floor of the cubby. When it comes away from the floo grab and pull it out.

3. Under that there are 2 m12 bolts (i think thats what they are!) that you need a socket wrench to undo then the cubby should come away completely.

As i dont Have a socket wrench i have not gotten any further than you so let me know if you have any luck!

Just out of curiosity why are you taking it apart? Im doing it so i can stealth a power inverter in ther and run my ps2 cables behind there aswell.
By macman123
AdzCiv wrote:I never had the guts to use brute force either!!

Ive been looking for info on how to get the actual cubby apart where the sliding cup holders are but no one has any info.

But i think you have forgotten one thiing Si:

1.Take all the junk out from the cubby and get a vacum (that spelling doesnt look right!) hose without the attachment on and put it inside.

2. Turn on the vacum suck off the rubber panel on the floor of the cubby. When it comes away from the floo grab and pull it out.

3. Under that there are 2 m12 bolts (i think thats what they are!) that you need a socket wrench to undo then the cubby should come away completely.

As i dont Have a socket wrench i have not gotten any further than you so let me know if you have any luck!

Just out of curiosity why are you taking it apart? Im doing it so i can stealth a power inverter in ther and run my ps2 cables behind there aswell.
Cheers mate I will give it a go.

I am fitting a PC in the car... just investigating unused spaces, for various bits and bobs
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]