The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

I've managed to put a nasty hole in the side of the block, so looking to take the engine out from the top.
Had a look on google and this forum but couldn't find a guide on doing this. Could anyone point me in the right direction please?
Rapture wrote:I've managed to put a nasty hole in the side of the block, so looking to take the engine out from the top.
Had a look on google and this forum but couldn't find a guide on doing this. Could anyone point me in the right direction please?
It’ll be tight to pull out the top without removing the gearbox first. You can’t really give a step by step or guide on how to do it as it’s an extensive job.
Personally I’d either remove the whole front end and pull the engine and gearbox out the front. Or drop the engine as gearbox out from below if you can raise the car high enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for your reply.

I'll be doing this on the driveway so raising the car high enough might be an issue. How much clearance do you think i would need roughly? If i could somehow raise the car high enough would the better option be to go through the bottom with the subframe or out through the front? Cheers

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]