The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By macman123
seasiders wrote:With reference to "H" it says...Inside the flap you'll find a small cap,unscrew this.

BUT....it doesn't say which way!!!!!

I'm now driving round with the light on because i don't want to turn it the wrong way,please advise before i run out of fuel :(
Dear Mr Seasiders,

In reference to your query:

To unscrew the cap, turn it anti-clockwise.

Kind Regards,

Association of Petroleum Suppliers

;-)
By FireBIade2
I notice your car is red, does this work on grey cars too? :scratch: :vconf:
By rico83
Without this guide, I would be in alot of poo, many thanks for this mate!
By lkbctr1
FireBIade2 wrote:I notice your car is red, does this work on grey cars too? :scratch: :vconf:
only gunmetal grey sorry..
By phunkmasterd
After studying this (obviously very usefull to some ..er...gifted individuals) i would like to add a VERY VERY important step.

N.B - Once you have managed to step out of your Type-R and have negotiated your way to the fuel cap (I like to go clockwise once out of my car....saves a little time)....

CONCERNTRATE....

Please ensure that you use a pump that has a GREEN handle and NOT one that is BLACK or RED even if it does look pretty....

The A.P.S will not be found responsible for the incorrect pump use due to improper reading of these instructions and therefore will not be liable for the re-imbursement of funds for getting your engine and fuel lines pumped and no compensation will be given for looking a right douche bag as you block the pumps for other users.
By Superbully
phunkmasterd wrote: Once you have managed to step out of your Type-R and have negotiated your way to the fuel cap (I like to go clockwise once out of my car....saves a little time)....
this is not good at all for me :wink: think about it :lol:
By phunkmasterd
as i said "i like to" .... this denotes a personal preference/opinion, it's not written strictly into the "How To Fill Up With Petrol" guide, if you feel it benificial to climb over/under your car then thats your choice.
By Papillon
macman123 wrote:b) Find an available pump, preferably on your left hand side
Actually, this drives me nuts. You go to the station and there are people queueing out of the front of the forecourt despite their being free pumps because they're incapable of working out that the nozzle is actually long enough to reach round to the other side. :-x
By Superbully
superbully wrote:
phunkmasterd wrote: Once you have managed to step out of your Type-R and have negotiated your way to the fuel cap (I like to go clockwise once out of my car....saves a little time)....
this is not good at all for me :wink: think about it :lol:
ok - well seeing as you didn't think about it :badrazz:
my car is left hand drive , if i get out and go clockwise around it then i'll travel much further than anti clockwise :badrazz:
in a right hand drive clockwise is the right way to go
By chappers51
my jdm doesnt have the black plastic bit on the cap nor does it have the cord, when im filling up i have to rest the cap on the rear spoiler
By skillfull bill
laugh my mother fu!*in£ arse off! hahahahaha, info is very handy!
im going to print this of and have it laminated to keep in my car to remind me how to fill up to perfection!
By VTi STU
Papillon wrote:
macman123 wrote:b) Find an available pump, preferably on your left hand side
Actually, this drives me nuts. You go to the station and there are people queueing out of the front of the forecourt despite their being free pumps because they're incapable of working out that the nozzle is actually long enough to reach round to the other side. :-x
Actually this bugs the flip out of me, you get some stubbon child without a father struggling to stretch the pump across, takes ages and then spills petrol everywhere. :bad-words:
Ahouldn't be allowed really, most garages have pumps on both sides for a reason.

:bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:
By RooDBwoY
or, alternatively, if you're the type of person who bought a car they can't afford to run then instead of filling up until the pump handle clicks, just fill up until the pump value reading reaches £10.00 precisely.

and then come back in about 5 miles and repeat, all the time convincing yourself that you are saving money by not filling the tank to the brim between visits.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]