The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Right this guide will work both ways, if your wanting pre-facelift rear lights on a facelift this will also work to. There is no nasty wire cutting involved and you can keep your original plugs and can go back to your original lights if needed.

Tools Needed:

1. Some Red 8amp Cable (Can be brought from Halfords for under £5.00 each)
2. Some Black 8amp Cable
3.Some good strength electrical tape
4. Some wire cutters or scissors
5. The facelift rear lights or pre-facelift lights if that's your thing.

This guide assumes you have already dropped the rear bumper and fitted the rear lights, if you haven't you will need to do this first. After doing this you will notice the "reverse light" plugs are a different size and the plug connector is also completely different, all the other plugs will fit fine.

First thing you will need to do is cut some red and black (or whatever colour you please) 8amp cable, no larger than 120mm each way.

Now you will need to splice both ends of each cable (Red and Black) so bare cable is showing at both ends.

Once you have done that you will need to get your facelift bulb and connector, if you look directly down the connector you will see 2 pins, directly under the pins will be a small hole under each pin. This is where you will need to get one end on the (red or black) cable doesn't matter which one and insert the bare wire into the hole, one hole black cable and the other red cable.

Now you will need to secure the cables into the holes in the bulb connecter, to do this you will need to use some electrical tape. Wrap the tape around the middle of the connector all the way up to where the cable meets, you should end up with something similar to this.

After you have done that you will need to go to the rear of the car and find the original plug for the "reverse" light. Once located you will need to push the other ends of the bare wire into the holes on the "plug connector". Once you have done this you will need to use the electrical tape again and wrap it once again around the middle of the plug all the way to the base of the wire.

Make sure that both wires each end are secure by giving them a "little" pull, if you have good strength electrical tape they shouldn't move. Insert the bulb connector into the rear of the light making sure you lock it in place.

Now you can start up the engine, slam it into reverse and get someone to check or use a mirror to see if there fully working.

Do the same for the opposite side!

[smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Before

After

smsguy wrote:Went from facelift to preface ( for about6 years ) now back to facelift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Added in 26 seconds:

I agree on the red the facelift lights do look good, do you still have the preface lift lights
chappers51 wrote:
smsguy wrote:Went from facelift to preface ( for about6 years ) now back to facelift

Added in 26 seconds:

I agree on the red the facelift lights do look good, do you still have the preface lift lights
Just sold them last week mate

smsguy wrote:
chappers51 wrote:

Added in 26 seconds:

Just sold them last week mate

No worries mate

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]