The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By batasquad
Hi all, recently bought a brake stopper, no idea how to put the bloody thing on :oops:

i have done all sorts of work on my car, yet this little piece of blue metal baffles me :lol:

Can anyone upload a pic of theirs fitted?

Many Thanks

Rob
By SeanEP3
Literally the easiest thing to fit.

Look over the back of the engine towards the off side suspension strut. You'll see the two bolts holding the reservoirs on. Undo them, slide stopper under and refit the bolts. Then adjust the bolt so it's tight against the back the brake servo.

Sean
By Newannaive
Settez wrote:Do these really make much of a difference to the feel?
No.
By Settez
Newannaive wrote:
No.
:lol: thought as much. Id love to remove some of the travel in the brake pedal, was hoping this might be the solution.
By Settez
devil84 wrote:Hi mate, do you have braided line hoses, DS2500 and race fluid? makes a big difference.
All but the pads mate yes. No biggy, stops well just want less travel but will stop thread crashing now ! :oops: :lol:
By Newannaive
A pressure bled system and decent pads is probably all you need.
By Settez
Newannaive wrote:A pressure bled system and decent pads is probably all you need.
I think new pads is next on the shopping list so will try something tasty and see how it feels. Thanks lads :thumbup:
By dcep3
Newannaive wrote:
No.
I've argued this before and I'll do it again, I did notice a difference in the feel. When I fitted braided hoses and 5.1 fluid however, I noticed no difference.
By batasquad
Just fitted the brake stopper as i was doing my shifter bushes. I think that the stopper does make a difference, brakes now feel much firmer.
By Sck29
I need to do this break stopper aswell shifter bushes and Teg short shifter. I need help doing it!! Ahhh!
By Turkish91
Newannaive wrote:
No.

I noticed an immediate difference in the feel of the pedal. Much sharper and encouraging when braking hard and I made no other brake changes except that when fitting.
By SiR Shizzle
I know the stopper reduces flex on the bulkhead which makes the brakes feel firmer, but surely reducing the 'flex' adds more pressure to the seals in the MC? I'd say that over time this would cause the seals to fail sooner or even suddenly?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]