The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By EvoStu
carvolution wrote:mr bilko!
you are the man!!!!!!!!!
thanks for the phone call and as soon as we worked out that stupid Honda changed the colours on the headlight loom, everything worked.
thanks again for all your help and you are a legend in all ways!
cheers
So are we saying that the second pic is the correct one and the wiring on that is spot on? :?

EvoStu.
By mr bilko!
Evostu wrote:
carvolution wrote:mr bilko!
you are the man!!!!!!!!!
thanks for the phone call and as soon as we worked out that stupid Honda changed the colours on the headlight loom, everything worked.
thanks again for all your help and you are a legend in all ways!
cheers
So are we saying that the second pic is the correct one and the wiring on that is spot on? :?

EvoStu.
Yes Stu, the edited drawing on my last post is the finished article after a lot of head scratching :roll: - so if you want any 04 lights fitting to yours mate, you know where to have 'em done :wink:
By EvoStu
mr bilko! wrote:Yes Stu, the edited drawing on my last post is the finished article after a lot of head scratching :roll: - so if you want any 04 lights fitting to yours mate, you know where to have 'em done :wink:
Good lad! 8)

EvoStu.
By hondalewis05
Just what I need..

One q though... what kind of relay do I need??

Would a 30-amp relay, single pole, double throw one work????

I really do not have a clue on electronics!!!
:? :?
Sorry but still dont understand the diagram. Im a dummy at the electricals!

This is what I assume needs to be wired. What about the Highbeams(Flashlight)??? how are they supposed to be wired in the circuit?

Im stuck! Any help will be apprieciated.
By mr bilko!
Hi mate, is your car a pre facelift model, and have you tried to wire yours up following my last diagram yet?

What you should find is that all 4 lights work when you flash someone, not just the inners.

Carvolution also found that the colour coding was different on their car so it may be an idea to pm him for more help.
By tankskun
Yes my cars a pre-facelift model 02 reg.

After looking at your original diagram more carefully, i understand now that the dip bulb is the drivers light.

The main beam is the flashlight..... correct? :o

I just got confused with what light is what, stupid aint I :oops:

Thanks 4 the help, should be able to sort it now. :)
By hondalewis05
tankskun wrote:Yes my cars a pre-facelift model 02 reg.

After looking at your original diagram more carefully, i understand now that the dip bulb is the drivers light.

The main beam is the flashlight..... correct? :o

I just got confused with what light is what, stupid aint I :oops:

Thanks 4 the help, should be able to sort it now. :)
Yes your main beam are your full beams, the ones you flash with and the dipped are your beams that you drive around normally without blinding people!
By mr bilko!
Ok tankskun as long as you're sorted that's the main thing 8)

Thanks for the input Lewis, long time no see matey.
By hondalewis05
mr bilko! wrote:Ok tankskun as long as you're sorted that's the main thing 8)

Thanks for the input Lewis, long time no see matey.
Indeed! Thought I would pitch in and forward your advice on to help other forum members!

Another satisfied bilko customer! :lol: :wink: :lol:
By s8tur
I cannot see the need to add any relays or wires to the existing circuits :?
The existing 01 to 04 lights have a single twin filiment bulb and is replaced with two separate bulbs on the 04/05 lamps.
On the 01/04 cars the wiring on the LHS has a red/yellow feed via a relay in the fuse box to both bulbs positive+ and is switched on the earth - via the red and white wire for low beam and via a red and blue wire for high beam.
The RHS lamp has a red feed wire via a relay in the fuse box and is switched on the low beam to earth via the red and white wire and on the high beam via a red and blue wire.
To wire in the new lamps[/b]: LHS lamp, feed the positive side of each bulb holder from the red wire and connect the red/white wire to the negative side of the low beam bulb and the red and blue wire to the negative side of the high beam bulb.
For the RHD lamp: feed the red wire to each positive side of each bulb holder and the red and white wire to the negative side of the low beam bulb and the red and blue to the negative side of the high beam bulb.
Hey presto!! Couldn't be simpler, could it??/?? I haven't tried it but it works on paper. Will try it ASAP and post.
By mr bilko!
s8tur wrote:Hey presto!! Couldn't be simpler, could it??/?? I haven't tried it but it works on paper. Will try it ASAP and post.
Please let me know how you get on because you might find it won't work.
By civic_chris
can i see pics of an 04 ctr with the dip beam on and with the main beam on as im not convinced the dip stays on with the main (saying that iv never seen a facelift with lights on) because on my pre face lift civic when you switch between the dip and main you can see the dip turn off and a split second later the mains come on.

chris.
By civic1lew
am i glad i found this.. well i didnt really but some one gave em the link, i have a civic sport and have just bought 2 04 lights for my civic... i never knew it would take so much to hook some lights, il go off what s8tar said and let you all know as soon as iv tried... hope it works though il be gutted if it dosent
By civic_chris
Just a thought this may be an expencive way around things but if you got the left and right hand side wiring looms for morrettes would this work, as fitting morrettes has the same effect as fitting facelift lights as they both have seperate dip and mains.

chris
By leonfocus
Hi people, I hope you can help me. I am having problems with the sidelight and indicator pins. They are too small for normal connectors or spades to fit on them, so what have you guys used?! :shock:

Please help! :cry:
By mr bilko!
Sexylee8 wrote:Hi people, I hope you can help me. I am having problems with the sidelight and indicator pins. They are too small for normal connectors or spades to fit on them, so what have you guys used?! :shock:

Please help! :cry:
YHPM 8)
By leonfocus
Hi Bill,

with relation to the dipped and main bulbs. Do they just need serious crimping with connectors to the back of the new adaptor pins?? What size connectors do I need if this is the case?

Many thanks :oops:
By leonfocus
It funny - I keep asking silly questions then day later I answer it myself :lol:

Anyway, I have another sily Q which I really need a respected answer from yours truly Mr Bilko 8) ...

The guide with the relay.. is this a whole new relay or the exising left & right relay already in the fuse box :?: :!:

Thanks!
By mr bilko!
Hi Lee, I know it's a bit late in the day to reply, but you do need to get a seperate relay for that diagram to work.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]