The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By Azz
Hi Im also stuck with the fitting on the single pin on a red wire. Iv lowered the fuse box but cant seem to find where to put the red wire? Am I right in saying it goes in behind the fuse box? Do you have to take the plastic box off the back of the fuse box and if so, how do you do it?
Cheers Az
By Jaywood
Azz wrote:Hi Im also stuck with the fitting on the single pin on a red wire. Iv lowered the fuse box but cant seem to find where to put the red wire? Am I right in saying it goes in behind the fuse box? Do you have to take the plastic box off the back of the fuse box and if so, how do you do it?
Cheers Az
Lol, I fitted a Foglight Kit about a month ago, and I must admit the red wire was the only bit that had me swearing!!

I've chucked my fitting instructions away now, so I can't remember which harness you plug the red wire into. It's quite clearly shown on the instructions, and the excellent guide on this thread though.

This is how I got the red wire in though:

- Remove bolt holding fusebox in place, and lower the fusebox as far as you can.
- Remove the plastic cover on the rear of the box, at the top (it's only held on with plastic clips)
- Disconnect the required wiring harness from the rear of the fusebox (there's a locking tab on the top you have to push down).
- The top and bottom of the plug can slide back to reveal the top or bottom row of pins. Slide the required side back, and push the red wire into the correct empty hole.
- The "pin" on the end of the wire should go all the way in now. Close the panel again, and the red wire will be securely held in place.
- Pop the wiring harness back into the fusebox, replace plastic cover, and then push the fusebox back up until it lines up with the bolt hole.
- Groan as you try to stand up again, and marvel at your now crippled back :shock:

It seems some people have luck just pushing the wire straight into the rear of the plug, but mine wouldn't go in even when the plug was removed from the fusebox.

The rest of the wiring is easy. Just make sure you route everything properly so it can be fastened clear of the steering column, pedals etc.
By Azz
Yeah thanks for that mate, I have now found where the red wire goes and got it fitted in, pushed it in all the way, checked my grounding cable and still not working, any more help or tips what to try?
By Jaywood
My only guess would be if the red wire wasn't fully locked into the plug, reconnecting the harness to the fusebox might have pushed the wire back out of the plug slightly.

The red wire is the +ve feed I believe, so if it's not connected properly, nothing will work.

All the other connectors on the interior wiring harness you get with the kit are easy to fit, so I doubt any of those have come loose.

Other then that, it might be a blown fuse somewhere. Worst case is get it checking by an Auto Electrician etc.
By Azz
Yeah thanks I think I will get an auto electrician to have a look. I was having a look at my fusebox and found where there should be a fuse for fog lights but their wasnt any fuse there, just wundering if I need to get a fuse because I already.had a fuse on my wiring harness?
By mugen1314
ok bought a second hand fog light kit for my facelight Ep3. As mention before i had no problems doing the exterior wiring and taking the bumper off and wiring it up from there.
I got stuck on #16 where i have to find the fusebox and insert the single lead. Been reading on this post and most of your single leads is 'red' wheres the my one is 'yellow and red'
heres the cable i having trouble fitting

Can someone tell me here where do the leads go pls? I already numbered them beside each one. I can have a rough guess but i have no instructions, reluctant to take it to honda to pay the full wack.

and heres the single lead (#6 on my picture )

all your comments are welcome, thank u
By Jaywood
Number 6 is indeed the horrible wire, although it looks like the previous owner has unfortunately cut the wire, rather then remove it properly fully from the rear of the fusebox.

The wire should be longer (about the same length as the wires for connector 5), and have a hollow metal pin crimped onto the end, a bit like this:

Sorry, it's the best picture I could find, but hopefully you get the idea.

As far as I know, that wire is a voltage feed, so any repairs/soldering will need to be done properly to avoid blowing fuses or burning out wires.
By SR-25
Quick question. If i facelifted a prefacelift car with foglights, would the 2004 foglight kit fit correctly with the wiring that supplied the bulbs on the pre?

Ta
Mike
By Goobie
Jaywood wrote:Number 6 is indeed the horrible wire, although it looks like the previous owner has unfortunately cut the wire, rather then remove it properly fully from the rear of the fusebox.

The wire should be longer (about the same length as the wires for connector 5), and have a hollow metal pin crimped onto the end, a bit like this:

Sorry, it's the best picture I could find, but hopefully you get the idea.

As far as I know, that wire is a voltage feed, so any repairs/soldering will need to be done properly to avoid blowing fuses or burning out wires.
Mine works without this wire connected! Are you sure that is what the wire is for? Not that there ever switched on! :lol:
By V_Type_R
pm me mate i have instructions for this as i have bought a set from usa and its a actual honda guide. i have not yet fitted my set yet though its for my pre-f :thumbup:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]