The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By matthew.lewis2
Are you going to the karting in leeds? If you can wait i can give you a hand there :wink:
By typerboy
matthew.lewis2 wrote:Are you going to the karting in leeds? If you can wait i can give you a hand there :wink:
no im not :( cant get the plastic clip to slide forward to allow the red wire in..

im going get someone local to check it out

thanks for the offer though
By matthew.lewis2
typerboy wrote:
matthew.lewis2 wrote:Are you going to the karting in leeds? If you can wait i can give you a hand there :wink:
no im not :( cant get the plastic clip to slide forward to allow the red wire in..

I guess by 'the plastic clip' you mean the wiring plug that is arrowed in point 16 of my how to guide?? If so... you do not need to remove it. When you have identified the plug and correct 'hole' for the red wire you just push it into the hole. Does this help?
By typerboy
matthew.lewis2 wrote:
typerboy wrote:

I guess by 'the plastic clip' you mean the wiring plug that is arrowed in point 16 of my how to guide?? If so... you do not need to remove it. When you have identified the plug and correct 'hole' for the red wire you just push it into the hole. Does this help?
iv found the hole the red wire goes in but only gos 1/2 way in looking at the instructions that came with the lights it says i need to use a screwdriver to slide some thing forward on the top of this plug to allow the wire to go in
By typerboy
ah ................all fixed :D :D :D :D :D
By matthew.lewis2
what did you have to do?
By moNoKnoT
I finally got round to fitting my fogs today, they've been sitting in a box for a while now, they really stand out, I will post some pics later. :lol:

- Kevin.
By SR-71
Matt, do you by any chance make any margins on selling these fogs? Just curious! :D
By matthew.lewis2
nope, not a penny. My salesman contact at the Honda dealers makes so little himself on the groupbuy sales cant even buy me a pint each time he gets an order!

Like with the pollen filter group buy, i make nothing.
By Zangief
Well not quite right, if we ever meet I shall be buying you a well earned beer....! :D
By phile
How much does the fog lamp kit cost? Does it include all the bits?
By acdcfreak
just wondering,how many different wiring looms is there because i think im missing one, the only one i got was to connect the two fog lights together?? please reply sum1
By CtrKev
Can someone please help me out, as above i'm stuck as to where the single pin goes and how exactly it plugs in??

By looking at step 16 i can't figure out which pin it is as my fusebox looks a bit different to that as i don't have the yellow connector, anyone know what this is for??

If i can get this sorted i can test them and get my front bumper back on.

Cheers
By EagleCTR
I recently took my front bumper off to fit the mesh to the lower intake. I noticed in your step 1 that you removed all the plastic clips underneath. You actually only have to remove the ones you took out in step 2 to get the bumper off!! IIRC just 6 of them. As these are quite tricky to prise out I thought this snippet might make peoples lives a bit easier!
By Pelikan
Quality guide..
Top marks, will be following this on weekend, when my kit arrives :D
By brend1705
Excellent guide mate helped me out no end. The fitting instructions that came with them were a load of crap, but fitted in no time with your guide cheers :WOOT
By nibbslang
Thanks for this. As someone else has said, the instructions that come with the kit are pants!

I'm doing the installation in two stages, inside the car (1) and outside the car (2).

Just finished the inside of the car stage and honestly thought I had screwed it up as I couldn't find half of the connectors, serious panic set in, then I found your instructions.......... phew!! Thats stage 1 finished now!

Many thanks!
By QuinuM
Purchased Honda Fog Light kit from Honda Ewell yesterday. I wired up my fogs just like the guide says, there are two connectors you plug into the fuse which aren't mentioned here. I plugged the 1 pin into the back of the fuse box. I only found one 13 pin connector and it was the nearest one to the bottom (white). Now that's connected and doesn't come out.

Everything is connected but the fog lights aren't coming on. I have lost my gauge lights, back and side lights. I have also tested all the fuses inside and they all work.

Can anyone shed some light on this situation.

Thanks.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]