The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By sieze2
dieselpower wrote:
Jon C wrote: B: At the point of the arrow you can very carefully pry open this whole panel with a flatface screwdriver, behind this you will also find a number of screws....only loosen the one at the far left. Now the door is free from the screwing part....;-)
There are 2 screws you have to take out. It's the 2 that are the furthest into the door. It took me 20 mins to work this out and now I've cracked my door card :evil: :cry:

Anyone know how much a new door card is??? :roll:

Apart from that this works a treat. Took me an hour the 1st time, just done it again and it took 3 mins to remove it, clip the door opener back on and refit the card!!! :D
Agreed this "how to" is incorrect. Could a mod edit the original post please. I wasted my time following this as well. It could be a facelift EP3 change though.
By GreaseLightning
^ It couldn't be I don't think as I recently fitted facelift doorcards to my pre facelift and I'm pretty sure they're exactly the same. The most risk-free solution is to remove all the screws you see tbh. It doesn't take you more than a minute-or-so more and you don't risk damaging your doorcard (although if I wasn't 100% I was doing it right I would be reluctant to apply much force anyway).
By Dazla
I just did this on my 55reg and original post is wrong, there's 2 screws to remove in the part B, basically you remove the 3 (1 under handle, 2 under the middle bit in part b) larger silver screws and leave all the brass coloured ones there, apart from that it works a treat :-D
By BaRnEsEy
i didnt like this how to so i went to ephatch.com and used their one.

i removed every single screw i could see so i knew only clips were holding it to the door.

it takes ALOT of force to get those clips off, some slipped free and stuck into the door but pulled em out and got a pack of 10 from honda for £1.50 to replace them.

need to do it again soon as well to get speakers fitted properly.
By ShaunCTR
I notice the door panels on this how to are on a Pre-Facelift and was wondering if its the exact same process for Facelift i.e. are all the screws and clips in the same place?

Shaun.
By ShaunCTR
ShaunCTR wrote:I notice the door panels on this how to are on a Pre-Facelift and was wondering if its the exact same process for Facelift i.e. are all the screws and clips in the same place?

Shaun.
Anyone!!??
By phil7
Need to do this but for some reason the photo showing points a b and c has disappeared, can someone provide a piccie, ta
By bhuwan1990
Jon C wrote:Hi, Here comes a description of how to remove the door cards of our cars !
Read and follow step by step then everything will work without damaging the
door card, Good Luck everybody !

A: Behind the "handle" here you will find a small hole in which you put a small screwdriver or something else and push inwards, this will result in the "silver" part of your handle will pop out. Behind this you will find a couple of screws....it is only the top one you need to loosen.

B: At the point of the arrow you can very carefully pry open this whole panel with a flatface screwdriver, behind this you will also find a number of screws....only loosen the one at the far left. Now the door is free from the screwing part....;-)

C: Where the C-arrow points you will find an opening in the plastic....this is where you use a flatface screwdriver to carefully pull outwards (towards you ) which will make the doorcard pop out piece by piece...then just follow the edge of the card around so you can feel that the card loosens totally from the door.

Now comes the tricky part, take the card and pull it upwards along the thick arrow at the top...when you feel that the card has let go from the "lockpin" you carefully pull it away from the a-pillar, this will loosen the card even more from the door. Now the only thing left to do is disconnect the card from the door ( the electricwindows and the "dooropener" ) by pulling easily at the connections.

Now you should have your doorcard in your hand, hopefully !
Hi I am a newbie here.
Just wondering if ep3s door cards, front and rear seats is going to be perfect fit for my honda civic sport 2004 ( i dont know if my car is EP2 ) Anyone knows? PM me or reply back please.
:)
By JayCoe
Hi
I've currently got the door card in my hands but it's still connected by the door opening cable, am I being really stupid but can't see how to disconnect this and don't want to break anything. Help please
By Superbully
JayCoe wrote:Hi
I've currently got the door card in my hands but it's still connected by the door opening cable, am I being really stupid but can't see how to disconnect this and don't want to break anything. Help please
The end of the cable is rounded and it sits in a round locating hole. there's a groove (working from knackered memory here) and you have to move the cable around until align with this groove and the cable can be lifted out..

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]