The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By foley
tabblink wrote:Massive mission lol
Thats why i'm getting my mechanic to fit my new clutch and LSD for £500, That includes miller gearbox oil.

I have no patience to do it myself, Even though i'm a heating engineer and always stripping commercial boiler to bits lol
By tabblink
foley wrote:
Thats why i'm getting my mechanic to fit my new clutch and LSD for £500, That includes miller gearbox oil.

I have no patience to do it myself, Even though i'm a heating engineer and always stripping commercial boiler to bits lol
The same, but mostly domestic. I do enjoy working on cars though. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By motty
foley wrote:

eight speed will supply and fit a clutch for £360 including honda MTF box oil, they could fit your lsd while the box is out at the same time
By foley
motty wrote:
foley wrote:

eight speed will supply and fit a clutch for £360 including honda MTF box oil, they could fit your lsd while the box is out at the same time
I have already bought a clutch and eight speed is a 500mile round trip for me, It is a cracking offer they have though,
By tabblink
Finally all done, I had a hand to get the gearbox in in the end. It impossible by yourself and Flipping hard with two people.

The only thing left to do is top up the gearbox oil and get some bolts for the mani to bpipe connection. the original had studs but the DC just has holes... :roll:

Thanks again for the guide, spot on! [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By dan4578
tabblink wrote:Finally all done, I had a hand to get the gearbox in in the end. It impossible by yourself and Flipping hard with two people.

The only thing left to do is top up the gearbox oil and get some bolts for the mani to bpipe connection. the original had studs but the DC just has holes... :roll:

I put it in by myself. It is easy if you get a jack under it and jack it up then slide it on.
By foley
tabblink wrote:Finally all done, I had a hand to get the gearbox in in the end. It impossible by yourself and Flipping hard with two people.

Well done mate, I'd love to do this by myself but just don't have the balls incase i have spare bits left at the end lol
By billster
I can't decide whether to attempt this with a mate, or get TGM or someone to do it..... Help please! Is there a half decent chance of us getting this done in a day. Much possibility of meeting insurmountable problems half way through? Will FRSU need redoing afterwards if the subframe is dropped? Is it possible to do without dropping the subframe?
By CTR-Asch
If you are well prepared (and have some skills ofcourse :-D ) and have some helping hands it can easily be done in one day. Will be a long day though.
Subframe def has to come off.
You could try to make markings to keep your alignment but i think it wont be 100%.
And to be honest if you have the money getting it done by TGM will be by far the easiest option.
By billster
Cheers Asch. I think TGM will be getting my business. I have a couple of skills (making tea and fetching spanners being about the limit!). My mate is much better, but I'm not sure it is worth the hassle tbh.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]