The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

After having done this in my own thread it got some interesting feedback so I thought I would share it with you all, it's simple, cheap and very effective!

Firstly, you need to find some of this.

It's called DIESEL INJECTOR LEAK OFF PIPE and can be found online, halfords or if you just want to buy it in the correct length your local motor factors will cut it and sell it per foot. We sell it for £1 per foot so anything around this is reasonable.

Wind your window all the way down and you will see a rather large gap.

All you have to do is cut it to length (IIRC about 1M per door) and drop it into the groove between door and seal, (DO NOT PUT IT INSIDE THE SEAL WHERE THE WINDOW COMES UP) like this.

When it's finished it should look something like this, the window should go up and down without any problems and you won't have any rattles. (Flick the window to check this)

Now, it's not guaranteed to stop EVERY rattle but I would say 90% are gone. Only the really harsh bumps seem to make it rattle now.

Glad I could share. :thumbup:

Any questions, ask away.

This is a video of how easily removed it is!

Last edited by m1ke on Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ok guys been in touch with Mike about this mod, he kindly cuts them to the correct size and sends them off to you :thumbup:

Got it yesterday and it took all of 30 seconds to fit today :lol:

And when it's in it's not noticeable at all

Straight away you see how the window is A LOT more secure, I had both windows half way down on all my journeys today and not 1 rattle at all :WOOT It used to annoy me all the time but now it's sweet.

This is a cheap......easy to install.....makes a massive difference modification.

Cheers Mike :salut: :thumbup:
m1ke wrote:I have 10 packaged up and ready to go, 1 so far is sold!
great mod bud. Just installed in today. SO SO EASY! LOVE IT.

In my haste after seeing your post last Sunday, I bought off some ebay.

Might I add I paid more than the £5 you are asking here, so great mod and your the cheapest. As i scouted ebay and halfords!

Thank!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]