The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By bluntcap
Mfisher wrote:Fitting mine now, cant work out where the big breather off the cam cover goes to under the intake pipe?

Also where does the left hand side nipple go to on the intake hose?
the cam cover breather hose goes on the big long metal bit in this picture.....

You mean this nipple.......it should be attached to your engine, unless you had a typhoon or AEM on then it might have been taken off, if it's the bit I think your talking about.
By Mfisher
bluntcap wrote:
Mfisher wrote:Fitting mine now, cant work out where the big breather off the cam cover goes to under the intake pipe?

Also where does the left hand side nipple go to on the intake hose?
the cam cover breather hose goes on the big long metal bit in this picture.....

You mean this nipple.......it should be attached to your engine, unless you had a typhoon or AEM on then it might have been taken off, if it's the bit I think your talking about.
Yeah i had the AEM, is it ok if i just block it off?
By DaN-GuM
just fitted mine now. couldnt work out where the breather house went then saw it had been blocked off , previous owner must of had a different kit on there before like the above post
By D1z CTR

The metal bracket squeeze things that tightens them doesn't tighten enough to hold these 2 pieces together? Sound like i'm doing anything wrong? It can only go in one way from looking at it

Am talking about the metal piece in the picture that you can see, the smaller of the 2
By D1z CTR
After another hour or so of messing about with it the metal "zip" doesn't tighten enough to squeeze the larger of the 2 parts into the smaller one. Possible the zip i've been sent is to small? It fits around the ring but there is only thread about half way down the screw, i figure if there was thread all the way down the screw it would work?

total ball ache..............
By Gambit2409
Hi I just fitted my Tegiwa hose.. seemed to go ok... accept there is a god awful vibration noise from the spark plug cover vibrating against the exhaust manifold (the big silver pipes)? The OEM hose has a hole in it for the spark plug cover (the silver plastic bit in case im giving it the wrong name) had in it?

Is this something everyone has? Im tempted to put something spongy under it just to keep off the vibration.. but i thought id better check this was normal... :scratch:

Any advice much appreciated
By Djdannyb
Just fitted my kit today using this guide. I also got a scoop scuttle tidy from dent remover. I fitted it all and went out for a drive, when accelerating and changing gear I could hear it pushing the scuttle panel up and down. The carbon air box is really tight inside the tidy up panel which is why I think it's moving it. Also noticed when I got back that the air box has been scratched by the bonnet across the front :(

What can I do to stop it moving the scuttle panel? It's making a horrible noise against the window when it moves.

I'm going to put some Velcro across the front of the air box and on the bonnet to stop it scratching anymore
By bluntcap
Djdannyb wrote:Just fitted my kit today using this guide. I also got a scoop scuttle tidy from dent remover. I fitted it all and went out for a drive, when accelerating and changing gear I could hear it pushing the scuttle panel up and down. The carbon air box is really tight inside the tidy up panel which is why I think it's moving it. Also noticed when I got back that the air box has been scratched by the bonnet across the front :(

What can I do to stop it moving the scuttle panel? It's making a horrible noise against the window when it moves.

I'm going to put some Velcro across the front of the air box and on the bonnet to stop it scratching anymore
Did you put foam in between the kit and the scuttle?

The bonnet scratched the kit?!?!?! Any photos of this mate? It would seem the kit is either sitting very high or moving about a lot, never heard of them hitting the bonnet.
By Djdannyb
bluntcap wrote:
Djdannyb wrote:Just fitted my kit today using this guide. I also got a scoop scuttle tidy from dent remover. I fitted it all and went out for a drive, when accelerating and changing gear I could hear it pushing the scuttle panel up and down. The carbon air box is really tight inside the tidy up panel which is why I think it's moving it. Also noticed when I got back that the air box has been scratched by the bonnet across the front :(

Did you put foam in between the kit and the scuttle?

The bonnet scratched the kit?!?!?! Any photos of this mate? It would seem the kit is either sitting very high or moving about a lot, never heard of them hitting the bonnet.
No I didn't add any foam. I might give that a try!

This is how it's sat, looks about right to me?
By bluntcap
Yea that looks tidy mate [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] Good position as well, hard to see how the bonnet has touched it :scratch:

Try the foam, usually really helps to stop any banging or harsh movement with the system [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Djdannyb
What did you attach the foam to the kit with? Ill try with a jumbo sponge or something :lol: ill take off the scuttle tidy panel and see if all noises go away too.

It scratched the top right of the airbox as you look at it. I put some Velcro on the underside of the bonnet to stop it scratching again
By bluntcap
Ahh it's the bit of the kit that sits in the cut out, yea just be careful with that bit.

Yea just get a big song, cut off a rectangle piece about 5x2 inches or so, bit of double sided sticky tape, attach the tape to the foam, remove the other sticky bits then place on the Tegiwa kit, ease the kit onto the scuttle and hey presto. do a trial run so you know where to place the foam so it's defo in contact with the kit and the scuttle.
By Djdannyb
bluntcap wrote:Ahh it's the bit of the kit that sits in the cut out, yea just be careful with that bit.

Yea just get a big song, cut off a rectangle piece about 5x2 inches or so, bit of double sided sticky tape, attach the tape to the foam, remove the other sticky bits then place on the Tegiwa kit, ease the kit onto the scuttle and hey presto. do a trial run so you know where to place the foam so it's defo in contact with the kit and the scuttle.
Ill try that.
I think the noise is being caused by movement of the scuttle panel and tidy up panel though. It seems to be moving up and down when accelerating etc
By Djdannyb
bluntcap wrote:Is it a modified OEM panel? The OEM ones have sliders on the back that slide onto little posts to ensure a secure fit.
Yeah its OEM they are all slotted in ok.
I've just had another look with someone else pressing the accelerator for me. I can see whats going on now. With the bonnet shut its pressing the airbox against the tidy up panel too tight so when the airbox moves with the engine/acceleration its forcing it up and down slightly which is pushing the tidy up panel/scuttle. I think what i need to do is either modify the tidy up panel so the airbox can slide up and down inside it slightly. Or remove the tidy up panel from my scuttle and use the Carbon scoop from tegiwa. But if i do that, how do i cover over the gaps in the scuttle where its been cut out? I think modifying the tidy up panel is the best option but its going to take a lot of filing down :sad:
By bluntcap
Ahh that makes sense, I got a panel from Simonb off here, but I know dent remover was doing the slide in panel, maybe remove the tidy up panel and file away the outside of the hollow gap? So the panel slides deeper if that's possible, so you don't have to actually work on the tidy up panel, there fore it'll sit further back giving a few extra mm of clearance......know what I mean?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]