The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By Stevo M81
bluntcap wrote:
Stevo M81 wrote:
ScottBremner wrote:Btw good guide Bluntcap!
I did all the work not bluntly he just took pictures :lol:
:lol: pure lies!
I tell no lies :lol:
By Lewis.
I have been fecking about with cars for a long time now, and it Never ceases to amaze me how even expensive car parts never fit without Lots of swearing and facking about. Surely they should design it so there's a bracket to bolt the air box onto the scuttle or where the OEM box sits to stop it vibrating without having to use foam etc. obviously if you are enterprising and mechanically minded it's be an easy fit bit still.... Personally is prefer the mugen box but these make Better gains right? Plus they are more sensibly priced, despite being expensive!
By bluntcap
octivich wrote:great post mate, whats it like with regards to washing the car? do you have to block off the intake vent?
No bud, there is a hole at the bottom of the induction kit, so if any water gets in it's immediately drained out and goes no where near the filter.
Guys was just wondering if anyone could help me out!

When cutting the scuttle panel, how far back do i want to cut it? Meaning like do i cut it so that the actual top opening of the air box is resting on the scuttle? or do i cut the scuttle further back than that so there isn't any touching and there would prob be a little gap between the back of the air box at the top where it meets the scuttle? I have the scuttle insert too...

have heard about the rattling, plan to put a little piece of sponge in there !
By bluntcap
JackEP3Premier wrote:Guys was just wondering if anyone could help me out!

When cutting the scuttle panel, how far back do i want to cut it? Meaning like do i cut it so that the actual top opening of the air box is resting on the scuttle? or do i cut the scuttle further back than that so there isn't any touching and there would prob be a little gap between the back of the air box at the top where it meets the scuttle? I have the scuttle insert too...

have heard about the rattling, plan to put a little piece of sponge in there !
If you have a scuttle insert it's not going matter how much you cut it. The scuttle insert will have a certain size depth, so if you cut it shorter then the insert won't fit properly. If you cut it to deep the insert will have a gap behind it and it'll look crap.

Take a small amount at a time and fit the insert until you're happy dude, remember, small pieces at a time.
By Johnnyswitch81
JackEP3Premier wrote:So pretty much cut it until the insert fits yeah? Does the kit naturally rest on this?
I have my air box stuck on the skuttle with strong Velcro tape with no sponge and mine does not rattle at all :)

Make sure you cover the nut on the heatshield when fitting, with something soft in case the air box scrapes on it, to be honest I have no movement on mine and it's fixed really secure, but I still covered it with sticky foam.
Johnnyswitch81 wrote:
JackEP3Premier wrote:So pretty much cut it until the insert fits yeah? Does the kit naturally rest on this?
I have my air box stuck on the skuttle with strong Velcro tape with no sponge and mine does not rattle at all :)

Make sure you cover the nut on the heatshield when fitting, with something soft in case the air box scrapes on it, to be honest I have no movement on mine and it's fixed really secure, but I still covered it with sticky foam.

Ok so it does sit flush to your scuttle then if it velcro'd on? sweet dude thanks!
By bluntcap
Yea the kit will naturally fill the gap in the scuttle panel as it is designed to be exposed there for the cold air. However, the reason people add velcro or sponge is that the kit moves as it's basically suspended there, with only the intake pipe keeping it in place. So packing something behind it, or the velcro to secure it, it just stops it moving back and forward on gear changes and hard acceleration where it will make a banging noise on the scuttle.

In reference to covering the bolt on the heat shield, there should be a photo on page on of where that is.
By Superman001
Shocking that a kit costing over £300 doesn't fit perfectly out the box but then again if people are going to keep buying them what incentive does the designer have to make an improved version.

Im pretty sure a new panel filter in a Hondata modded airbox with a cold feed will produce almost the same gains or be within 1bhp of the GM or TegM.
By Johnnyswitch81
JackEP3Premier wrote:
Johnnyswitch81 wrote:

Ok so it does sit flush to your scuttle then if it velcro'd on? sweet dude thanks!
Yes mate, it fits perfectly flush to the skuttle, the Velcro tape came with the kit and works really well. Also the carbon air box bolts on via a bracket, and is also attached securely to the intake pipe so it shouldn't move at all.
Superman001 wrote:Shocking that a kit costing over £300 doesn't fit perfectly out the box but then again if people are going to keep buying them what incentive does the designer have to make an improved version.

Im pretty sure a new panel filter in a Hondata modded airbox with a cold feed will produce almost the same gains or be within 1bhp of the GM or TegM.
This kit does fit really well, I had no issues what so ever and the gains are much better than a hondata modded air box especially with a remap with 10x better induction noise produced, especially in vtec :)
Johnnyswitch81 wrote:
JackEP3Premier wrote:
Johnnyswitch81 wrote:

Yes mate, it fits perfectly flush to the skuttle, the Velcro tape came with the kit and works really well. Also the carbon air box bolts on via a bracket, and is also attached securely to the intake pipe so it shouldn't move at all.
Superman001 wrote:Shocking that a kit costing over £300 doesn't fit perfectly out the box but then again if people are going to keep buying them what incentive does the designer have to make an improved version.

This kit does fit really well, I had no issues what so ever and the gains are much better than a hondata modded air box especially with a remap with 10x better induction noise produced, especially in vtec :)
Cant wait to get it on now!! Hopefully fitting will go smoothly!
[smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
JackEP3Premier wrote:
Johnnyswitch81 wrote:
JackEP3Premier wrote:
Johnnyswitch81 wrote:

Cant wait to get it on now!! Hopefully fitting will go smoothly!
[smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Good luck with the fitting mate, if you have any issues, let me know and I'll try to help you out, you will love it just like I did :)
Well i got her fitted last night! Scuttle panel cutting and scoop fitting was the hardest part, fitting the box was straight forward enough! Very pleased with the fit, no knocks or anything :-D

Thanks to the Bluntcap and Stevo for the guide !

Jack
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]