The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By Djdannyb
bluntcap wrote:Ahh that makes sense, I got a panel from Simonb off here, but I know dent remover was doing the slide in panel, maybe remove the tidy up panel and file away the outside of the hollow gap? So the panel slides deeper if that's possible, so you don't have to actually work on the tidy up panel, there fore it'll sit further back giving a few extra mm of clearance......know what I mean?
Yeah i get what you mean, like cut along the back of the scuttle so the tidy up panel will slot further back. I'll do that in the morning with the dremel. The tidy up panel is from Dent Remover :) It's great but a little tight. I think i'll get the dremel and grind away the gap so its a little wider so the airbox doesn't get stuck either side
By Stevo M81
bluntcap wrote:
Stevo M81 wrote:Glad my how to guide has helped so many people :wink:
YOURS????!!!!!! YOURS????!!!!!!

Get that car fixed :wink: :lol:

:lol: do I need to remind you who the TM was in these pictures :wink: :lol:

The car will be fixed next week sometime.
By Djdannyb
After hours of messing around this morning I finally got it sorted! No more terrible noise! It does rattle/vibrate a bit when flooring it but the sound of the filter sort of covers it up. I presume this will be the airbox rattling against the scuttle tidy somewhere.
I Can finally enjoy it now, just been on an hour and 15 mins journey and its great!
By bluntcap
D1z CTR wrote:Much love to you both for the guide, for anyone umming about buying the kit the sound is awesome! Well worth the money's and the fitting of the total ball ache sfs hose!
[smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Stevo M81
D1z CTR wrote:Much love to you both for the guide, for anyone umming about buying the kit the sound is awesome! Well worth the money's and the fitting of the total ball ache sfs hose!
Amazing sound is right [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Just fitted my kit there.

The fitment is pretty good although the heat shield seems to sit too far to the right and that bolt that scratches the air box is some design flaw.

Anyway,

Iv got a metallic buzzing noise from around 5k up. I'm sure I read some sort of fix for this? Any ideas?
By bluntcap
Have you packed sponge behind the kit to ensure it moves as little as possible? This is usually the cause of any rattles or bangs.

As for the bolt on the left of the heat shield, yea it's a stupid design, it's on the Gruppe M as well, I just use a hollow bit of rubber tubing cut down to size that can fit over it, it protects the carbon from being scratched.
Had a look at it again this morning before I got called into work.

The problem is the Teg M is sitting up against the bonnet. No matter how hard I try to get it to sit further back it will not go.
Not sure if this is because I'm using the OEM hose?

I will have to get some Velcro on the box to stop it rubbing.

Iv taken a few pictures to see if anyone can shed some light.

Thanks for the help
By bluntcap
Make sure the OEM hose is pushed as far as possible along the Throttle Body.

Also you could try and adjust the angle of the black L shaped brace that attaches the system onto the engine, the bit in the photo below, loosen the bolt ON THE INTAKE SYSTEM and see if you can push the Teg M down a bit, then keeping it in place tighten the bolt up.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]