The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By bluntcap
It's just like fitting a Gruppe M.......but Gruppe provide instructions and as of yet Tegiwa don't, so I thought as myself and Stevo M81 fitted one today to his car I'd a write up of it. The kit looks like this straight outta the box.....

1. Obviously start off by removing the OEM kit.....or what ever kit you have in, then take the iVTEC cover aswell just to get better access to the TB. In stephens case he had a Tegiwa induction hose aswell to fit.

2. Fitting the heatshield.....You use the bolt holes from the OEM induction kit, place the curved end to the left with the bracket attached. Use an OEM bot for the right hand side to secure it down 1st,

We encountered a problem next, with the Gruppe M kit they provide a spacer for the next bit Tegiwa do not.....but we used a metal spacer thing off the OEM box and it did the trick.
As you can see the bracket hole goes over an already existing metal piece with threads.....these threads do not go all the way down so a nut on it's own will not secure it down you need a spacer.

Now once the nut get's tightened down it will actually secure the heatshiled in place

3. Removing the old scuttle panel.
Pretty simple, undo the small plastic push in button things at the base of the scuttle, then remove the rubber bit on the far right, then be FIRM and pull towards yourself and slightly to the right.

4. putting on the induction hose.
Very simple, just needs patience and a bit of wiggeling to get on.

5. Assembling the kit.
Place the filter inside the airbox

The next bit is secure the 2 black pieces together with the golden coloured bolts, the heads of the bolts are ment to be on the INSIDE of the kit. On of the pictures here as them in the wrong place........the 2nd picture has them in the correct way. Attach the bracket on the top left bolt.

Once this is done attach the big silver bit over where all the pieces meet to secure them all down.

6. Putting the kit in the engine bay
Slide the kit in to the induction hose and try and get the bracket matched up with the bolt hole...

What you need to do is move the heatshield bracket as far LEFT as possible as it provides room to do this, the bit at the bottom of the picture.

Once this is done the holes will line up.....all be it with a little pressure on the kit to ensure they are in line. Then screw a bolt in.

7. All the niggely bits.
Once the kit is in the big bolt sticking out of the heatshield will rub against the kit....scratching it. The bolt closest to the camera

We put a rubber band thing around it to stop it rubbing against the kit....

Then we put some FOAM behind the kit where it touches the scuttle panel. Tegiwa supply Velcro strips....we did not use these as Stevo is getting a scuttle from SimonB next week....we will attach the velcro to that instead.

Then stand back and admire what you have done.....

The sound is awesome........guess what it's just like a GM if not a bit louder :shock: Good kit, great quality, awkward to fit tbh.....but so is the GM.
All in all I have to give Tegiwa respect for producing the kit and being £300 why buy a GM :shock: :wink:

I hope this is helpful in some way for someone :thumbup: :salut:
By bluntcap
Mr Anderson wrote:Nice one. Shame Tegiwa don't supply the L junction to feed the hose under the airbox.
They do.......in a way, the breather hose has a bend on it at the other end, it goes under the kit so when yo attach it to the rocker cover there are no other bends due to twisting :thumbup:
By bluntcap
devil84 wrote:how long did it take to install?

Also was the car standard otherwise? ie just in terms in improvement of sound over OEM
Probably took about 45 minutes, could be done quicker and could take over an hour depending on how good you are with your hands.

Well Stevo had a K&N Apollo on his car.......and he said this was SO much louder than the K&N was. I have a GM and I have to say the Tegiwa does sound loud......and very very nice!!
By Rayman
Thanks for this, excellent guide, will need it when i get one! Does the heat shield come with the kit, what else doesnt come with the kit both them red hoses?
By bluntcap
Rayman wrote:Thanks for this, excellent guide, will need it when i get one! Does the heat shield come with the kit, what else doesnt come with the kit both them red hoses?
The heat shield does come with the kit......the 2 red hoses do NOT come with the kit, they have to be ordered seperatly :thumbup:
By Stevo M81
Nice write up blunty :thumbup: Have to say the noise is unreal and the pull in vtec is so much stronger than before.

Tewiga FTW :-D
By Stevo M81
nub2 wrote:lol just noticed "Tegiwa" is upside down on the silicone hose.. design fail? :P
We noticed that today are selfs, defo fail but it does look nicer than the OEM :lol:
By Stevo M81
nub2 wrote:what have you got to say about that TEGIWA IMPORTS! (hes watching thread atm) :lol:
The kit is just like the GM as its an exact copy in every detail but the hoses need the text round the right way :-D
I think for that i should be given a free Tewiga plaque
By *nub*
Stevo M81 wrote:
nub2 wrote:what have you got to say about that TEGIWA IMPORTS! (hes watching thread atm) :lol:
The kit is just like the GM as its an exact copy in every detail but the hoses need the text round the right way :-D
I think for that i should be given a free Tewiga plaque
I know mate I had one of the earlier batches of tegiwa airboxes but I have an SFS hose and its not upside down! I also have the 90 degrees breather hose. But yeah this failure aside, tegiwa have done a great service to the CTR owners with their products
By Rcb
Nice write up, can you tell me exactly what is included in the kit, what else is needed to get it perfect and where to order from?
By Stevo M81
Rcb wrote:Nice write up, can you tell me exactly what is included in the kit, what else is needed to get it perfect and where to order from?
Everything in the 1st pic except the induction hoses. If you want one just go to

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/eshop/stor ... oduct=1353

£300 for the Tegiwa M and for both the hoses i think it was £68 and then all you need to do is send of ur scuttle panal to Simon b to get it modded just send him a PM and he will give u the details you need on were send payment and his address.
By sn:afu
bluntcap wrote:
sn:afu wrote:Nice write up :thumbup:

Maybe your not so useless after all :lol:
I'm alot more handy than you give me credit for :badrazz:
Apparently so, shame you live so far away from me

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]