The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By yella
anyone got the measurements where to cut, got to do this in a real rush tomorrow night as mine never turned up today. would be great if someone could post up the measurements also for other users too i would have thought. cheers
By bluntcap
yella wrote:anyone got the measurements where to cut, got to do this in a real rush tomorrow night as mine never turned up today. would be great if someone could post up the measurements also for other users too i would have thought. cheers
Just nipped out and measure mine quickly, it measures....

From the centre line where the 2 scuttles join to the 1st part of the cut 4 1/2 inches.

The cut itself is then 9 inches long after the 1st cut on mine.
By yella
bluntcap wrote:
yella wrote:anyone got the measurements where to cut, got to do this in a real rush tomorrow night as mine never turned up today. would be great if someone could post up the measurements also for other users too i would have thought. cheers
Just nipped out and measure mine quickly, it measures....

From the centre line where the 2 scuttles join to the 1st part of the cut 4 1/2 inches.

The cut itself is then 9 inches long after the 1st cut on mine.

you're a ducking legend mate, cheers for that, means i can cut it now before it turns up tomorrow, only got a 90 minute window to get it on tomorrow night as ring Friday for a week. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Danny_J
Danny_J wrote:I might be sounding a bit stupid here but i take it the filter doesn't require oiling before use? It goes in as is out of the box so dry ?
^^^^Anyone? Also I can't seem to get the bracket on the actual teg m (not the heatshield) to line up with the hole! Seems it want to sit towards the right of the hole and also further forward. Do I just need to force it in place and then tighten it up? Seems the hose is pushing the kit too far right so I cant get bolt in?...
By bluntcap
Danny_J wrote:
Danny_J wrote:I might be sounding a bit stupid here but i take it the filter doesn't require oiling before use? It goes in as is out of the box so dry ?
^^^^Anyone? Also I can't seem to get the bracket on the actual teg m (not the heatshield) to line up with the hole! Seems it want to sit towards the right of the hole and also further forward. Do I just need to force it in place and then tighten it up? Seems the hose is pushing the kit too far right so I can't get bolt in?...
Yea just force it, the induction pipe is flexible so it'll be fine. I never did on my Gruppe and for this install Stevie never did.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]