The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By sa08
samg1988 wrote:well, I polished my knob for a good 15 minutes with a drill and 1500. No laquer in sight. But still, nothing. Just a sticky knob.

Maybe mines not titanium for some reason. Pre-facelift EP3.
It's not titanium, it's aluminium you're anodizing!

I'd have thought that it needed to be kept in for a lot longer than 3 seconds. The longer it's kept in, the 'thicker' the anodized coat would be.
By mjhamilton
samg1988 wrote:well, I polished my knob for a good 15 minutes with a drill and 1500. No laquer in sight. But still, nothing. Just a sticky knob.

Maybe mines not titanium for some reason. Pre-facelift EP3.
before you dip your knob in the fluid... ooh err..
... use a test meter to check you have voltage between the foil in the cup and the side of the knob... also make sure you have the +tive and -tive the right way around as per the OP's directions otherwise the process is doomed from the start
By sihull
mjhamilton wrote:when you put your knob in the coke you just need to be a little more careful when you connect up the battery that's all.
I know it's immature but :lol:
By chappers51
Sorry for bringing up an old post, but I've got a spare knob in the garage and only have a car battery from my old BMW to hand. Will a car battery do the same job?
By chappers51
Stuff it may just give it a go tomorrow and see what happens, just have to charge the battery up first
By chappers51
Couldn't get it to work, think I'll just take a blow torch to it get it red hot then dip it in oil

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]