The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By sa08
samg1988 wrote:well, I polished my knob for a good 15 minutes with a drill and 1500. No laquer in sight. But still, nothing. Just a sticky knob.

Maybe mines not titanium for some reason. Pre-facelift EP3.
It's not titanium, it's aluminium you're anodizing!

I'd have thought that it needed to be kept in for a lot longer than 3 seconds. The longer it's kept in, the 'thicker' the anodized coat would be.
By mjhamilton
samg1988 wrote:well, I polished my knob for a good 15 minutes with a drill and 1500. No laquer in sight. But still, nothing. Just a sticky knob.

Maybe mines not titanium for some reason. Pre-facelift EP3.
before you dip your knob in the fluid... ooh err..
... use a test meter to check you have voltage between the foil in the cup and the side of the knob... also make sure you have the +tive and -tive the right way around as per the OP's directions otherwise the process is doomed from the start
By sihull
mjhamilton wrote:when you put your knob in the coke you just need to be a little more careful when you connect up the battery that's all.
I know it's immature but :lol:
By chappers51
Sorry for bringing up an old post, but I've got a spare knob in the garage and only have a car battery from my old BMW to hand. Will a car battery do the same job?
By chappers51
Stuff it may just give it a go tomorrow and see what happens, just have to charge the battery up first
By chappers51
Couldn't get it to work, think I'll just take a blow torch to it get it red hot then dip it in oil
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]