The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By Tomw88
Very good guide mate :thumbup: a lot more clear than the Americanized instructions you get with it lol
putting that clip back on the gear linkage is a right BAS!!!!!! I think awkward is the understatent of the century!!
Never the less Im pleased with it now it's on, didn't think it would be as good as it is! 100% reccomend getting one! Good value aswell!
If you don't have one, go buy one NOW! :-D
GazEP3 wrote:Has anyone fitted the Tegiwa short shifter? Going by the look of it, it looks identical to the Neuspeed one and at only £65 it's cheaper too

Opinions anyone?

Ebay link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TEGIWA-Short-Shif ... 27b1a8ae3d
mine didnt fit!!! Tegiwa reckon its a honda defect, as the original metal screw with a ball end wont fit over the s/shifter. so im left having to file it down some how :sad:
Yep, cracking guide, much easier to understand then the instructions you get.
Only tricky bit was getting the plastic cap off.
thanks
By jase_87
Managed to fit mine today, took about 10/15mins. i to had the same problem with my tegiwa one. i just tapped it slightly and it popped into place :)

only thing is now i get a small crunching noise when selecting first, not sure if its me or the shifter? :scratch:
jase_87 wrote:Managed to fit mine today, took about 10/15mins. i to had the same problem with my tegiwa one. i just tapped it slightly and it popped into place :)

only thing is now i get a small crunching noise when selecting first, not sure if its me or the shifter? :scratch:
:scratch: dont have that problem mate, odd...
By jase_87
BlakMagik wrote:
jase_87 wrote:Managed to fit mine today, took about 10/15mins. i to had the same problem with my tegiwa one. i just tapped it slightly and it popped into place :)

:scratch: dont have that problem mate, odd...
not sure if its where i rushed it or a dodgy fit. all over gears are fine.
By bluntcap
No idea why your 1st gear feels different......the shifter only shortens the throw, it doesn't affect the actual gearbox in anyway. All I can think is that the "crunch" you feel was already there, but as the throw is 30% shorter it just makes the crunch alot closer.........understand?
By jase_87
bluntcap wrote:No idea why your 1st gear feels different......the shifter only shortens the throw, it doesn't affect the actual gearbox in anyway. All I can think is that the "crunch" you feel was already there, but as the throw is 30% shorter it just makes the crunch alot closer.........understand?

good thinking batman :thumbup:

although my car has only done 36k :scratch:
By bluntcap
jase_87 wrote:
bluntcap wrote:No idea why your 1st gear feels different......the shifter only shortens the throw, it doesn't affect the actual gearbox in anyway. All I can think is that the "crunch" you feel was already there, but as the throw is 30% shorter it just makes the crunch alot closer.........understand?

good thinking batman :thumbup:

although my car has only done 36k :scratch:
Mine's only done 39K and there's a slight difference in 2nd gear.........most CTRs have it mate, nothing to worry about. Next time you get a service (or even before) Drop the transmission oil and fill it up with Honda MTF-3 and some Slick 50 Gearbox oil treatment (halfords £15.99) I did this and it's improved my gear changes alot.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]