The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By bluntcap
AL1 786 wrote:Hey Blunty!
Fitted my Neuspeed Short Shifter few days ago and WOW gear changes are so much more precise and feel sharp! OEM was Excellant but now its Awesome!
Personally, I feel its helped sort out issues with 2nd and Reverse gear!
10/10 Highly Recommended! :thumbup:

P.S. Quality write up mate! :thumbup: However, because im a numpty I butchered the gear knob lock nut whilst trying to take it off! :lol: Would have been nice if you mentioned on how to remove this for novices like myself! :roflmao:

Ibrahim!
Good stuff mate :thumbup:

You butchered the lock nut :shock: :lol: Kinda thought that was the easiest bit and didn't need a "how to" walk through :lol:
By bluntcap
Evostance wrote:
bluntcap wrote:
Evostance wrote:Can't get that plastic cap off...grrrrr
The white one?
Yeh, got it. Just popped a flat screwdriver in the top and prised it off. All sorted, but as usual Tegiwa didn't give me everything I needed so had to go out and get an alan key..
:lol: I'll not comment on the last part.......but glad you got it sorted mate :bigthumb:
This sounds like a great little mod was wondering if anyone had done the how to guide on replacing the bushes?

And has anyone got any links for the new speed short shifter on where to buy one from googled that sh-t and not a lot came up

Any good dealer sites would be appreciated
XCalibur87 wrote:This sounds like a great little mod was wondering if anyone had done the how to guide on replacing the bushes?

And has anyone got any links for the new speed short shifter on where to buy one from googled that sh-t and not a lot came up

The neuspeed is hard to get but u can get a Tegiwa which are just as good but to be honest mine sags a lot now after a few month of fitting it isn't a solid gear box feel anymore since doing it
Kieran_CTR wrote:
XCalibur87 wrote:This sounds like a great little mod was wondering if anyone had done the how to guide on replacing the bushes?

The neuspeed is hard to get but u can get a Tegiwa which are just as good but to be honest mine sags a lot now after a few month of fitting it isn't a solid gear box feel anymore since doing it

Like in terms of sag what do you mean I read it's a 30% shorter distance vertical shift how is yours feeling now??

And do you thrash through the gears alot in terms of racing it alot?

Yeh I've seen the tegiwa ones but read they're a bit of a mare to fit
XCalibur87 wrote:
Kieran_CTR wrote:

Like in terms of sag what do you mean I read it's a 30% shorter distance vertical shift how is yours feeling now??

And do you thrash through the gears alot in terms of racing it alot?

Yeh I've seen the tegiwa ones but read they're a bit of a mare to fit
It does reduce gear change by 30% but when I go in to say 3rd gear u can move the gear stick a lot as before when I changed gear it was solid & stiff but now it's really lose when in gear. I don't do a lot of racing just a lot of driving
By bluntcap
milanoep2dazz wrote:having problems removing the white clip, anyone got any advice removing it?
Perseverance dude. You'll get with an adjustable spanner so you can get the right size gap.
Just used this write up to fit the Tegiwa SS, also fitted their solid shifter bushings at the same time.. Took me a while to do as that stupid white ball cap popped off and pissed off somewhere in the dash but i eventually found it..

Makes a big difference to the way the shifts feel, would recommend it

Cheers for the write up mate [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
muz wrote:Still recommend this mod blunty? I'm 99% there to buying it...
Get it Muz, you will love this mod for the EP3 matey [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]