The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Yarco wrote:Spark plugs: Arrr done this my self for the first time about three months ago without looking at this guide. I didn't copper slip the new plugs :oops:, will this be a problem? The car runs perfect by the way.

It might be when you come to do your next spark change. They may get seized to the block, which can be costly to sort out.

If i were you I would pop them out and slip them.
christurbo wrote:
Yarco wrote:Spark plugs: Arrr done this my self for the first time about three months ago without looking at this guide. I didn't copper slip the new plugs :oops:, will this be a problem? The car runs perfect by the way.

It might be when you come to do your next spark change. They may get seized to the block, which can be costly to sort out.

If i were you I would pop them out and slip them.
:salut: thanks
dont know if im being stupid but could someone point out which bolts are used for the transmission fluid change as i can see a number of bolts then on the photo below it looks nothing like the ones i think it is!! :scratch:

Excellent guide Chris, thanks!

Just changed my gearbox oil and used your guide. As a complete novice it was quite daunting but this made it surprisingly easy! I had trouble with the fill bolt until I realised I could just use a ring-headed spanner from directly underneath.

I even bought my funnel from B&Q

Old oil out :shock:

New oil in :smile:

All done up with shiny washers :-D

Thanks again!
Depends what your plans are for the car. Depends if you have the money to get it serviced by a garage (which I don't). Depends if the money saved outweighs the money you'd lose by having an incomplete service history, which I think it would over a couple of years. And also depends if you really care about stamps in the book. My car already has stamps from about 6 different garages in different areas over it's life and for all I know, they did bugger all apart from stamp the book.
Little tip regarding the oil spilling all over your driveshafts etc.

I cut open a small 1Ltr can which fits right under the oil filter.
When changing oil I drain the oil and then place this can under my filter which fits alright.
Then I unbolt the filter and take it out carefully without spilling ( ususally lol :) )
Leave it for a moment for all oil last oil drips to come out of the engineblock.
Can then remove the can ( keep it leveled obviously ) and voila...

No cleaning needed

Added a small pic with some 5ltr bottles as size reference:

Hope this helps !
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]