The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Afternoon guys

is there any chance someone can let me know how to replace the Washer jet on a EP3? one of the little holes has something lodged in it and I have bought a new one to replace it with.

any details would be great

thanks
nice easy one

- lift bonnet (hood)
- locate washer jet and remove/disconnect pipe
- 'squeeze' from inside near panel and it will pop out
- make sure you catch and keep the rubber between the panel and jet
- installation is reverse of removal

Of course I assumed it was the front you are replacing
Thanks for the speedy reply....

I have noticed that there is a nut at the base of the washer jet on my new one so i take it the one im replacing has one as well? do i have to un-screw or is it like you say pop off the pipe and push out the old one?

thanks
neiljones1010 wrote:Thanks for the speedy reply....

I have noticed that there is a nut at the base of the washer jet on my new one so i take it the one im replacing has one as well? do i have to un-screw or is it like you say pop off the pipe and push out the old one?

thanks
is this an EP3??... no nuts on EP3's.. you got the right parts?
best thing to do is take of one of the originals and compare.... the ebay link in now dead but the proper ones are not that expensive from honda and you could upgrade to the jazz ones instead for around £20
neiljones1010 wrote:just got a quote from my local Honda dealer for a original washer jet and they quoted me £12...!!! a bit steep dont you think??
like everything from Honda... however at least you know it will fit straight on and work with no issues
Ceepee777 wrote:Whats the difference between the Jazz and Civic ones, They give a better coverage or something? :scratch:
the jazz ones give a nice high powered 'mist' effect which is supposed to be a lot better then the standard civic coverage
dandemoraliser wrote:one mod i need to do.....! :bad-words:
Its a good mod, as long as you dont really plan on clearing your windscreen on the motorway as I noticed it gets a bit weak the spray :lol:
sn:afu wrote:
Its a good mod, as long as you dont really plan on clearing your windscreen on the motorway as I noticed it gets a bit weak the spray :lol:
Better than at 50-70mph my jets shooting straight into my GM scoop! :???:
dandemoraliser wrote:
sn:afu wrote:
Better than at 50-70mph my jets shooting straight into my GM scoop! :???:
Its a new mod, have you not heard?

Water cooled air induction :lol:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]