The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By airwolfie
Just finished the job, what a pleasure when you know how to, and nothing is broken!!! One thing though, do not connect the wires before the dials are back in the hole or behind the wheel, it is much easier coneecting the plugs once you figured how to put the dials back in!! Took me about 5 mins before I realised this!!! :doh:

Took me all of 20 mins(including the puzzling bit!!) to do, just got to wait and see in the dark if they all work!!!

I also replaced all the bulbs as one was blown and six were scorched, so I thought I'd do it before I have to pull the dials out again!!

Thanks for an excellent write up!!! :thumbup:
By Alihandro
If there are 2 spare holes in the rear of the clocks could you see through them. Suppose if you are that way inclined you could use one of them for you vtec light :?:

Just a thought

Save drilling through the dash
By dinger657
just replaced some of my bulbs that had blown, followed these instructions - they were spot on!

:salut:
By Esquire
Great write up, really clear with pictures for step by step to :) Loving the fact we need a beer to change the bulb as well, A++++
Will get mine sorted tomorrow, must be 2 bulbs behind the rev counter is there? its the lower that one that has blown in mine, ive been pretending that its suppoed to be like that, cos from about 7000 revs upwards it's lit up, as though its a target :roll: :oops:
By type-r-gaz
difference between llb286 and llb286t bulbs are the ones without the 't' come with holders that you cants remove the bulb from, and the ones with the 't' are just the bulbs.

Just so everyone is aware

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]