The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By paulydixon
Purely because the other threads are pointles without the functional link. :boxing:

It's probably possible to fit rear lights without removing the bumper, but why bother, it takes minutes to take the bumper off anyway.

First two are located under the rear bumper

Second lot are located under plastic body coloured caps at the point where the lights meet the bumper, 10mm bolts

Next are the three screws fastened into the lower rear splitter

Last screw is located in the upper wheel arch, nipping the bumper onto the bodywork

And hey presto, it almost falls off in your hand. It's actually easier taking these to bits than french cars

I only really wanted it off so i could try these older lights on, i'm unsure if i like them or not now though...

The lights themselves have 3x 8mm nuts which are easy to remove, they're accessable by removing the plastic trim in the boot. But they also have 2x 10mm nuts located behind the bumper

Here's a before, during and after

Nice one Paul :cool: :thumbup:

Where abouts in the North East are you?

I need to replace my rear bumper so would love some help if you are about?

How long did this take and did you manage to do this on your own?

Gary
Hey,

Nice post!!

I'm planning on taking my bumper and lights off as i've got a few scrapes on the back and 1 of my lights is broken:(

Any tips on how to repair scrapes/chips on the bumper???
By Damien
Hey,

Great post!

I was looking at my rear bumper last night and i noticed that the connection beside the arch was sticking out a little. refer to picture for a better idea of location!

Whats the connection methos for this area i.e. bolt, clip, slide in bracket?
IMG_2050-vi.jpg
Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Devilfox wrote:cheers will have a play to fix :thumbup:
Just use a bit of force and push the edge in. I did mine last night
hi,

i was wandering if its possible to take the rear bumper lip off without taking the bumper off completely?

my exhaust is rattling on the bottom lip ever so slightly on cold morning so i wanna take the trim of and cut a bit of it back to stop this rattle.

any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks! :thumbup:
Sushiboy wrote:hi,

i was wandering if its possible to take the rear bumper lip off without taking the bumper off completely?

my exhaust is rattling on the bottom lip ever so slightly on cold morning so i wanna take the trim of and cut a bit of it back to stop this rattle.

any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks! :thumbup:
Tried undoing the bolts at the bottom mate?
i tried to do mine and all the bolts was that rusty they was snapping in my ratchet!!!! got the bumper off then the bolts holdin the lights wa rusted to the bolts then they snapped so i gave up an took it to the garage cost me £20 cant complain and saved me alot of stress :thumbup:
+1
Great how to, I got stuck over the weekend, vital info.
No more Lexarse for me, I love it, I'll pop a pic up in a day two. But before that I need to get my bumper seated right, its a tiny bit out, stressing me out just looking at 'not perfect'
Anyone else had a few issues getting it baby smooth?
mikeBONEZZZ wrote:How TF are people getting to the 3 x 8mm bolts on the light, I've taken the plastic trim off in the boot but the bolts are so awkward to get to... :scratch:

...an 8mm ring spanner and a good dose perseverance...

sorry ctr forum is wearing off on me.
By Mooney
I'm bout to do mine , but the reversebulb from facelift is to small , and the prefaced bulb don't connect into the facelift connector . What do I do ?
By yella
took mine off yesterday to remove the exhaust ( long story re poxy piper sleeved exhaust not coming off) never saw this guide and got to it, however noticed it says on here to remove all three scres in the arch, you actually only need to remove the top one, the other two are to hold the splitter on.

one thing i leanrt yeterday is Hondas are less removal freindly than say BMW or VW, plastics very flimsy and very easy to snap bits so be careful, also the stupid expander bolts underneath ( x2 ) are a pain in the ass to remove with out snapping as they are grooved and get very brittle.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]